Visiting BA for a month

Hi Julio,

As a recent newcomer, here are some of my suggestions:

1. Use your local Chino for shopping and everyday wine and your local vinoteca if you want something special. Depending on the neighborhood you may be able to use your debit/credit card instead of paying cash.

2. I use the TransferWise debit card and it works fine. I haven't figured out yet how to withdraw cash from an ATM and which bank to use, but I believe that is possible in Argentina.

3. For taxis, use the EasyTaxi app. It works similar to Uber in that you receive an estimated charge for your trip, but it will vary a bit (both up or down) based on the actual travel time, and you pay the driver cash directly.

4. I use the Movistar prepaid chip with a plan that is 90 pesos per week, mainly for Whatsapp (usage is free even on data service) and for data service when I'm not in a wifi zone.

Hope this helps!

J

We work remotely so won't be on holiday (unfortunately) hence trying to spend more time in places, generally a month minimum in a big city and 2 weeks in smaller places, we will be using evenings and weekends to explore. We like to travel at a slower pace which our jobs allow, we're going to be in the country until the start of June with a month in BA and then a rough plan being 2 weeks in Mendoza and Cordoba (each) and maybe venture down further south but by then the winter would of kicked in so I'm doubtful, we'll see.

We are in Lima at the moment, so we are used to great Peruvian food (I'm yet to find any better in SA) but it looks it looks like there is a hell of a lot to do in BA (unlike in Lima which has about 3 to 4 decent areas which are done pretty quickly and the rest is not really interesting or too dangerous) so I think that will keep us entertained plus I have some friends who are locals as well.

Back