Visiting Buenos Aires for a couple months!

eugene23

Registered
Hi folks, glad to have found this forum. I'm from Singapore, but have been living in the US for the last 10 years. Just recently quit my job to take time off to travel, and Buenos Aires is my first destination. Here to hang out with some friends I made at a music camp last year, and learn as much Spanish as I can stuff into my head. Not sure if that makes me an expat, maybe not.

Would love to find other folks to walk around with, maybe get a coffee and explore the place with. I tend to enjoy wandering and exploring, to find good food on a budget, beautiful parks, bookstores, music, cool museums/buildings etc. Let me know if you know where to go, or if you want to meet up and do some of those things!

Also, anyone know if there are expat open mics still going on? I couldn't tell.

Thanks!

eugene23 said:
beautiful parks, bookstores, music, cool museums/buildings etc.
Thanks!

My favorite park is 3 de Febrero (which encompasses the Rosedal). It has a gorgeous lake. Further north is another park with a lake, more quiet and local. (Lago de los Regatos).

Great bookstore: Walrus Books - English bookstore in San Telmo.

Favorite BA Music: Kevin Johansen (check out all 4 albums on Grooveshark) and Onda Vaga.

Museums/buildings... PM me for my favorites list.

ENJOY BA! It's fabulous (for visitors).

Hi lucha,

Thanks for the suggestions! Made my way to the Rosedal area yesterday and it was lovely. Can't figure out how to PM yet, what museums do you suggest?

Sincerely,
Eugene

since you mentioned going to the rosedal yesterday.... have the flowers started blooming yet?

eugene23 said:
Hi folks .... I tend to enjoy wandering and exploring, ......

Have you discovered psychogeography?

Read some Will Self on the subject

http://will-self.com/category/books/psychogeography/

There are others of us in this great City who indulge

http://www.argentinaindependent.com...periments-relearning-to-walk-in-buenos-aires/

Personally I think BsAs is the greatest city in the world for this

And the memory of Borges wandering the streets with his still alive imagination too.

Mystical.

But never ask a psychogeographer to meet up :)

(that's a psychogeography joke)

I don't recall exactly about the flowers since I was walking with a friend skirting around the area, kind of in a hurry. I would guess no...

PhilinBSAS, no had not discovered this... intriguing, I will check out the link you sent.

Back