Visiting Colonia and San Antonio de Areco

vaquera

Registered
Ciao amigos! I recently posted some travel tales on my blog: <willowtango.me>. One was on the "expat shuffle" to Colonia to get our visas renewed. We had a great day trip! I also spent a day sightseeing in San Antonio De Areco, and horseback riding in nearby Vagues. About 120 km NW of BA, a really nice day trip. I also posted a blog about the culture associated with drinking Yerba Mate, and of course I always write about Tango, and lately I have been taking notice of some vintage cars that we come across. So... check it out! Enjoying the tempestuous spring weather!

vaquera said:
Ciao amigos! I recently posted some travel tales on my blog: <willowtango.me>. One was on the "expat shuffle" to Colonia to get our visas renewed.

I would sincerely like to know why you felt the need to do this, especially since you did not actually renew or extend your visa transitoria. Fortunately (at least this time) you were granted a new "tourist" visa.

If this was just a question of semantics (renewal vs. new) I wouldn't ask, but I fear that this practice may soon come to an end.

Based on what I've read, you could be denied reentry if you have been in Argentina more than 180 days in the past year, even though that was highly unlikely to happen in the past.

It is important to know that if f you stay in Argentina (even with an expired tourist visa) you have rights that otherwise evaporate the minute you leave (even if it's to "renew" your visa).

Earlier today someone posted about a foreigner who was denied entry at EZE because of too many stamps in their passport.

That's the last place I thought that would happen.

steveinbsas said:
Earlier today someone posted about a foreigner who was denied entry at EZE because of too many stamps in their passport.

That's the last place I thought that would happen.

Hi Steve, I guess this XP appeared on another place. What happened with that foreigner who was denied entry? Did the XP sounded legit'?

FJ - it was the " friend of a friend who was denied entry at EZE because of too many stamps" - it was posted here on one of the threads. I'll leave it up to you if you think it sounds legit.

Back