Visiting The Uk With An Argentine Passport

Big Al

Registered
Does anyone know the policy on visiting the UK with an Argentine passport? Do you need a visa or is it on arrival?

My boyfriend (Arg) came with me (UK) in July. He didn't need a visa, they just asked him a lot of questions, and he needed to show he had a ticket to return to Argentina- just a print out. They also asked him if he had work in Argentina etc. It wasn't a problem as he showed the return ticket and we just had to be overly co-operative and polite. Have a great trip!

O and they asked where he was staying - mostly my parents address but we also said we were doing a tour of England, and they asked how much money he had to check it was about right for the 3 weeks we were there and not a start-up-a-new-life amount.

What? You have too much money on you sir... I'm afraid I'm going to have to deny you entry because I don't want to risk having you start up a new life.

My boyfriend (Arg) came with me (UK) in July. He didn't need a visa, they just asked him a lot of questions, and he needed to show he had a ticket to return to Argentina- just a print out. They also asked him if he had work in Argentina etc. It wasn't a problem as he showed the return ticket and we just had to be overly co-operative and polite. Have a great trip!
So he just bought a ticket a flew and got questioned at the airport in London?

So he just bought a ticket a flew and got questioned at the airport in London?

Yes, that's what ALL THE OTHER REPLIES were about too. Might seem like a crazy thing, but when the country you visit doesn't require a VISA, you basically just buy the ticket and fly.

Back