Voip For Usa Telephone Line In Argentina

Silvie

Registered
What VOIP company do you recommned for a residential USA phone line to be used in Argentina?
Have you found anything better than Vonage?
I would appreciate your comments. Thank you.

What VOIP company do you recommned for a residential USA phone line to be used in Argentina?
Have you found anything better than Vonage?
I would appreciate your comments. Thank you.

I have been using "magic jack" android app along with Pingo.com in conjunction and I am able to call anywhere in the world at US rates from anywhere /any location. I have done this for past several years.

Also if you want to call only USA from Arg. , consider using Personal Black plan which allows many many hours of calling anywhere in North or South America from Arg.

I am not sure why you want to stick to VOIP and if it is at all possible to use Voip with google voice, however you can get a free number with free calls to any land line number in the us and ca with them.

I simply installed the google hangout on my phone and whenever someone calls or texts me on that number, my smartphone rings/ I receive the text.

Wait, wait, wait! I have magic jack on my US computer and can transfer it to my laptop, but thought I heard that magic jack would only work in US and not in Argentina. But Ceviche, dear boy, you are using it in BA? Anything special need to be done other than hooking up my laptop to an internet connection?

Magic Jack works in Argentina. Vonage and Magic Jack both work in Argentina, where you have internet. Vonage works better because it sucks all the bandwith first, the left over can be used for data, ie internet browsing.
For magic jack, you can just load the software on your laptop, and make a call in US first to test, then it will work in Argentina.

The Personal Black or Google are new things. Also you can use Skype.

Magic Jack is probably closer to real phone while Skype is not.

Wait, wait, wait! I have magic jack on my US computer and can transfer it to my laptop, but thought I heard that magic jack would only work in US and not in Argentina. But Ceviche, dear boy, you are using it in BA? Anything special need to be done other than hooking up my laptop to an internet connection?

Hi, yes I have been using magic jack for several years in Argentina and during my world wide travels. It has often saved my ass when I need to call to some obscure location from some obscure location.

So I just open the majic jack app on my android ( then dial the toll free number of pingo.com) and then call up anywhere in the world at almost 2 or 3 cents a minute! and I have done that both on wifi or 3 g/4g/LTE.

when I am in Arg., I just use personal black plan to call the toll free US number of Pingo.com and then I just dial anywhere in the world at 2 or 3 cents a minute.

lately magic jack also allows to send and receive text messages from USA which is extremely useful.

For installing magic jack app in your android or iphone, i think majic jack charges 10 usd a year or something like that. I stopped using majic jack on my computer several years ago.

--

I was personally never a skype fan. And always found it expensive ( not checked its rates in recent times)

I used to have a google hang out USA free number but after sometime, they would not allow me to call up 800 numbers or any Canadian number/cell phone number etc ( as before) free of cost.

Hope this helps to all who have needs like me for long distance frequent calling.

--

I was never a Vonage fan. I have not checked it recent rates but when it used to charge 15 usd a month/ magic jack was just 10 usd a year or something !! Go figure!

I use Skype, which costs $60 dollars a year for your number (or $30 if you purchase a plan). You can then purchase plans with minutes. I think I have a 5.99 400 minute plan per month, which is enough for me. You can also do call forwarding and it is included, so often when I am out and about with the crappy 3g I just forward my calls to my Argentine cell. You can also purchase minutes directly, and the rates depend upon which country you are calling to from which country, but usually 2 to 3 cents.

Back