Voter information follow up

Traveler

Registered
I hand delivered my 2022 mid term election ballot to the US embassy here in BA on Oct 20 as per their website. Just checked with the state of Florida and was told they never received it.

Luckily all those I voted for won but wonder whether anyone else used that method to have their ballots forwarded to the US?

My State, Washington, allowed me and my wife to vote "online". They emailed me a ballot, which I had to print, fill out with a pen, then take a photo with my phone, and email it back.
But it worked.
The County Clerk promptly sent me back an email telling me she had received it, and it was counted.
Modern technology never fails to amaze.

I hand delivered my 2022 mid term election ballot to the US embassy here in BA on Oct 20 as per their website. Just checked with the state of Florida and was told they never received it.

Luckily all those I voted for won but wonder whether anyone else used that method to have their ballots forwarded to the US?
I don't remember the election year, but I delivered my ballot to the US Embassy door where the guards receive it. Later I checked with the county clerk's office in Illinois by email and was told they never received it.

July 2020 email.
I am writing to ask if Illinois is going to make any changes for voting in November, specifically whether those living abroad have any other option besides the mail service for returning their ballots. I received a phone call today from Democrats Abroad concerning my intention to vote in the November election. I know that Illinois accepts only mail-in ballots. This will be a serious problem for those of us living abroad where there is no international mail service during the pandemic. I know there are states that accept ballots by FAX or email, which would resolve the problem for voters abroad.

On several occasions including the primary this year, I mailed my ballot to Lake County, but it was not received. This is probably the fault of the Argentine mail service. I then voted in the Democrats Abroad 2020 Global Presidential Primary by email.

Back