Want Some Chimichurri Sauce ?

garryl

Registered
It is said that Chimichurri sauce was invented by an Irish immigrant named Jimmy McCurry, and Argies are not good at saying his name, slowly it becomes Chimichurri.

Argies think "Shankies" fall in love with this sauce, maybe just a few New Yorkers in Brooklyn ?

http://deliciosa.arg...th-chimichurri/

101342wf8k224r8b5fh584.jpg

Heck, make your own chimichurri:

2 cups packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1/4 cup packed fresh oregano leaves (or 4 teaspoons dried oregano)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1Place parsley, garlic, oregano, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper (to taste) in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until finely chopped, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, about 1 minute total.
2With the motor running, add oil in a steady stream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few times to combine. Transfer sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 day to allow the flavors to meld. Before serving, stir and season as needed. The chimichurri will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

So easy to make and tastes so good!

Heck, make your own chimichurri:

2 cups packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1/4 cup packed fresh oregano leaves (or 4 teaspoons dried oregano)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1Place parsley, garlic, oregano, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper (to taste) in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until finely chopped, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, about 1 minute total.
2With the motor running, add oil in a steady stream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few times to combine. Transfer sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 day to allow the flavors to meld. Before serving, stir and season as needed. The chimichurri will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

So easy to make and tastes so good!

Sounds great ¿Where do you buy Kosher Salt?

It is said that Chimichurri sauce was invented by an Irish immigrant named Jimmy McCurry, and Argies are not good at saying his name, slowly it becomes Chimichurri.

I thought it was a misunderstanding with the English who asked "give me curry". I think I read it on some guide. I guess it will remain an Argie unsolved mistery like the 'suicide' of Nisman.

Unless things have changed, no one can sell non-iodized salt - even kosher - by law.

Yep, what you said (but I don't know about any laws). I don't think any salt is truly non-iodized, as it naturally contains iodine. But kosher salt and sea salt have no added iodine. There's the difference.

Back