Want to help set up HDTV IMPORTING business?

Theo

Registered
My name is Theo, and I want to export electronics, mainly LG LCD and plasma TV's and blue ray players from NYC to a distributor who will import them into Buenos Aires.

I have read a lot of posts here regarding the customs tariffs and government prevention from doing such business.

That being said, how would I be able to ship the cargo in a shipping crate via boat?

Does anyone know the limit, if any, I can ship?
Does anyone know the best way through the strict government regulations? Is it simply paying tax on all goods?

I appreciate any help or contact information!

Not a good idea. Research the reality of importing stuff (talk to despachantes de aduanas and people actually importing). Items like TV that are manufactured within the country will be delayed for a loooooooooong time, if ever allowed to be imported at all.

You'll have to start reading the news here -- I posted in another thread recently about import goods being banned if an equivalent product is produced in Argentina -- so you're not going to be able to set up your business without greasing a LOT of hands, and you can look forward to full shipments being "held" in customs... forever.

Argentina forced the hand of many companies to make them open factories in the south to build their appliances within Argentina, LG I believe was one of them.

On top of that, you need to be importing trinorma tvs if you want them to be attractive to anyone more than expats (trinorma cost more, most locals are never thinking to move from the country, so why would they invest in one if they can buy a local PAL-N or whatever it is for less?)

syngirl said:
On top of that, you need to be importing trinorma tvs if you want them to be attractive to anyone more than expats (trinorma cost more, most locals are never thinking to move from the country, so why would they invest in one if they can buy a local PAL-N or whatever it is for less?)

VERY good point. I recently brought a 19" Samsung down (NSTC) and all my cable TV is in black and white due to the differences in TV standards. :(

sam3g said:
VERY good point. I recently brought a 19" Samsung down (NSTC) and all my cable TV is in black and white due to the differences in TV standards. :(
Get Cablevision Digital or Direct TV, they both work on NTSC.

Back