Wanted - Muay Thai Trainer/coach

ticktock

Registered
Hey all -

I would like to find a muay thai trainer for personal training in palermo hollywood for 12 weeks starting november.

I require 2-3 hour sessions everyday 5 days p/week incl bag and pad work + technique + conditioning

I will pay 2500 - 3500 per month depending on experience (experience in thailand preferred but not essential)

English speaking is a must (thai workable)

Just PM me if you know of anyone or its you

thanks everyone

NIce board you have here; very informative

Welcome to the forum Ticktock. I've never heard of any Muy Thai instructors here, but I will ask a friend of mine who will know.

My experience with martial arts instructors (mostly with Tae Kwan Do) is that none of them have actually studied in Asia. They are mostly first or second generation students of an experienced teacher who moved to Buenos Aires from Korea, Japan, etc.

Also, IMHO, the price you quoted will probably be too low for an experienced instructor. It averages out to about 60 pesos per hour. That isn't much these days and although you are offering a lot of hours, it's a different issue for them to come to you. If you are willing to go to a gym for that number of hours per day/week, it will greatly improve your chances of finding someone.

If I found out anything about Muy Thai, I'll let you know.

Good Luck!

There's a gym in Las Cañitas I used to walk past that I'm pretty sure has Muay Thai written on it. I'm pretty sure it's on Chenaut but it might be on one of the streets parallel on either side of it. Sorry I can't be more specific, it's been a while. It's about 1-1.5 blocks from Luis Maria Campos.

Other than that, the only thing I can recommend is looking in a local forum, in Spanish though... You might have more luck in the BA group on couchsurfing.com, as they have a lot of action and many of the members are Argentinean.

You might have to widen your search parameters though. Good luck.

There are certainly muay thai instructors that have been to thailand... but meeting all your requirements of english speaking + in the palermo area gets more complicated.

Ill be more specific. I am not looking for a gym, I am looking for a trainer. He will travel to where I train and be employed for a 12 week training camp.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Any trainer who has trained or fought in Thailand will/should speak English or Thai

Both my brother in laws train at muay thai argentina. They say the main guys to talk to are Sebastian Calvo and Miguel Carpinacci. Trained and fought in Thailand, tell him you know Marcos and Tomas, I don't know what their flexibility is though on going to Palermo.

Back