Warning! Azimo - use with caution

Juantime

Registered
I went to collect $10,000 last Thursday , received an email same day saying money was available at Argenper. Spent an hour getting to the main office and waited three hours in line just to find out that Argenper had no record of the transfer. I showed them the confirmation email and they suggested waiting until closing to see if there had been a delay. I wrote to Azimo (they do not offer a contact phone number!) and went back on Friday. This time the wait was half the time but the result was the same. By the time I found out the promised money still hadn't arrived, the London office had closed for the weekend- no chance of resolution until this week, compounded by Monday being a bank holiday. It's now Tuesday, I've had no resolution and the other than the lip service of an apology and the offer of a discount on my next (likely tragic) transfer, I've had no compensation. Azimo has no idea when the transfer might come alternatively, they have offered me a refund which will take another 2-5 days.

I've found the customer service to be less than adequate and I'm currently weighing my options before I use this service to receive money from the UK. I've registered complaints on Trustpilot but while in the past this company has been exemplary, I cannot recommend it now. Incredibly frustrating experience, unresolved and too much time wasted.

I’ve stopped using Azimo, but only because their £ to peso exchange rates have gone from being constantly above the official rate, to now 2 pesos per £ below. I now use WorldRemit where at the moment I’m getting 30.50 pesos to the £.

pedroC - WorldRemit: to activate a wire transfer for pick-up cash in BA can the sender and the recipient be the same person?

Last edited:
Used Azimo and Argenper many, many times and never an issue. They are both trustworthy. I have also stopped using them however as per the reasons PedroC outlined in his post.

pedroC - WorldRemit: to activate a wire transfer for pick-up cash in BA can the sender and the recipient be the same person?

Yes, you can. I done just last month when I visited BsAs from London. Their agents in Argentina are More Argentina. I opted to pick up the money from their head office on Libertad 1057 - no queue and no hassle.
If you use this discount code PEDROC102 on a first wire, you and I get £20 each off the next transfer over £100. Both win!

Thank you, pedroC.....very useful information for our forum members.

I don't need funds wired from the US in the near future. But I can use WorldRemit as a back-up to my US debit card which rebates international ATM fees. But someone else on this forum can use the discount code PEDROC102 on their first wire...and it's a win-win for the both of you. Cheers!

Update: Never using Azimo again- complaint now with Financial Ombudsman but money was returned in full yesterday.

Back