Was Pepe Mujica Right ?

Noesdeayer

Registered
Pepe Mujica,78,ex-president of Uruguay and a chief exponent of rioplatense "soy asi no mas" or WTF stated
It's not that Macri won the Argentine election.What happened was that Kirchnerism lost.
I agree wholeheartedly.The Argentine electorate said,"Basta-Enough!".OK.It was a squeaker.51%.
"Un margin chiquitito-A teen,weeny margin" Cristina said.
But it was enough for a new beginning for Argentina.I hope they keep building on it.
Bernie Sanders,please take note.We old guys (jovatitos) have to stick together.

If read in a specific context (which may or may not be the context in which it was actually said), the sentiment makes some sense.

Of the 51% that voted Macri, many may well have been motivated less by admiration for Macri than by a rejection of all things K.

Still, that's how democracy works, isn't it? Cue my favorite tweet about democracy, ever.

ben:
True enough. Although given what Rich One commented plus the fact that Pepe also said when Cristina was still president,
"La Argentina no hace un carajo para Mercosur",I would think that he was hitting on Kirchnerism more than anything else.

El Pepe a visionary ....He said the "Old Woman" is worse than her one-eyed husband"

I almost died laughing when I heard him say that. And then he was not going to recant and there was some rift shortly there after.

Back