Washingtonian Needed To Deliver (Small Bag Of Kids Clothing)

Antietam

Registered
I've been hitting the rummage sales lately and have a small bag of kid's clothing and 2 pairs of small shoes, all bought for just a few dollars. I would love to get these to my 2-year old godson in downtown Buenos Aires. How could I justify the high cost of mailing these rummage sale finds? All items in bag are small, can be rolled up, tucked away here and there etc.

Is anyone in the Washington, D.C. area willing to bring down these items? Please, please! They would be quickly picked-up from whatever location in the BA area you want. From my end, I will drop off this bag anywhere you want, work, home, etc.

I don't know when I will visit BA again and it's a shame to just have them sit here while my godson gets bigger. Kids grow so fast and his parents don't have much money.

Thanks a bunch. Joe and Margaret

What do you mean by high costs?The USPO has an standard box to ship stuff overseas. It is cheap.
Once it gets here you have to pick it up at Retiro, probably you will not pay any customs duties since they are used clothes. Add an small insurance fee to insure it does not gets lost.

Not so easy to use US postal system for used clothing. Can be refused and can be complicated:

Used linen and clothing must be accompanied by a certificate of disinfection issued by a competent authority in the country of origin and countersigned by an Argentine consular service. In areas without an Argentine consular service, a disinfection certificate issued by the competent authorities is sufficient. The wrapper must be marked “Disinfection Certificate Enclosed.”

http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ab_008.htm

Still have my fingers crossed someone in the area has a little room for these small items.

I mailed a medium sized box from the postal service about 6 months ago. It was also clothes and some stuffed animals I bought at rummage sales. I paid $75. I was in shock. I expected to pay 20 or something.

If anyone is willing, send me a private message and we can make the arrangements. Thanks.

I took 2 photos of the small pile of childrens' clothes. The clothes fit into a supermarket plastic bag. If anyone knows of anyone in the Washington, D.C. area coming down soon and is willing to bring down this small bag, please let me know. I will drop it off anywhere in this 3 state area. Thanks. Godkid is getting bigger all the time.

I hope no one minds if I quietly update and renew my request. Is there anyone in the Washington, D.C., that can bring a small bag of light children's clothing to BA, where it would be quickly picked up? All is open for inspection. I contacted those tango groups (I didn't even know Baltimore had any), but no response at all after 10 days or so. I think about my godson all the time and would love to get this to him. Anyway, keep me in mind if you know someone going. To pick up a small package mailed to him, godson's father said he had to wait at post office over an hour last time and he has few free hours. So, actually this is the easiest of the options. thanks.

Back