Water Filters

Gringoboy

Registered
Not long ago Adri told me that her sister was sending a friend round to leave a water filter with us, so that we could try it out for a few days.
At first I was highly suspicious having had experience of pyramid selling and sales people leaving 'puppies' and then getting the hard sell.
Then I remembered quite how chlorinated and vile the water is here.
Long story short, the bloke arrived, very charming and not pushy at all and fitted the filter to the tap in the kitchen.
He came back after a week and we bought it.
We are both amazed at the difference in water quality and the maths $ adds up, bearing in mind how much we were spending on bottled water.
This isn't a sales pitch by the way as I'm usually very skeptical, but on this occasion pleasantly surprised.

I bought a brita from canada with me, with the changeable filters, not sure i taste a big difference in the water. anyone else using brita here and do u think it works well?

I bought a brita from canada with me, with the changeable filters, not sure i taste a big difference in the water. anyone else using brita here and do u think it works well?

I have a Brita filter too, screws onto the faucet. I had to go around to about 6 different plumbing stores in search of a new faucet, returned a few and finally had a plumber force it on to get a new fixture because our original was from the times of the Argentine revolution with no threads. After all the headache I wont lie in saying I will pretend it is worth while. To be frank I hardly taste a difference, but I'm a smoker that never had a fine tuned tongue for water.

We use a brita, and let the water sit for about a day, no chlorine taste. Mine does not attach to the faucet.
Nancy

Long story short, the bloke arrived, very charming and not pushy at all and fitted the filter to the tap in the kitchen.
He came back after a week and we bought it.
We are both amazed at the difference in water quality and the maths $ adds up, bearing in mind how much we were spending on bottled water.
This isn't a sales pitch by the way as I'm usually very skeptical, but on this occasion pleasantly surprised.

How much was it? Will you share his info or the company name? We just started looking for one.

ya mine, isn't the faucet one either, but for some reason i dont taste a huge difference! could be my taste buds though!

It's a PSA water purifier and cost around $1400 which we put on a card in monthly payments.
That's a lot of money, I know. But when you balance it against 2-3 five litre bottles of water a week at $18 a throw, it makes sense.
Furthermore, the quality of drinking water in this area is not good and you can smell the chlorine at several paces. I can't speak for Cap Fed of course.
As an example, I have a shop a few blocks away and have to use bottled water. Yesterday I had none left and made a coffee straight from the tap, which was undrinkable.
Of course, bottled water has sodium and stuff in it, which is why it keeps.
psa_zps9178b2dc.jpg

You should be able to find PSA on Google.

My GF bought one for the shower, its great. Not sure if its stopped my hair falling out but it does feel a lot better.

Just a coincidence, but just after I wrote this, I went to brush my teeth and the water came out 'river brown'. Yuk!
Added to which, there are rooftop tanks, which whilst handy for gravity do nothing for the water quality.

Back