Wedding Planner

ElleGibbons

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on getting married in BA in February next year and am looking for a wedding planner but really struggling to find anyone. Can anyone help with any recommendations. Also, any recommendations by locals for places to visit, bars, restaurants, cafes. We are looking at staying in either Palermo or Recoleta potentially. The guest list will be somewhere between 25 and 40.

We've been looking at pictures of the place and it looks amazing so any help anyone can give us would be fantastic!

thanks

Elle

The concept of the wedding planner that we are used to in the States is not as common in BA.
This is because usually if you are having it in a major venue (such as one of the nicer hotels/restaurants) the venue usually has someone appointed, an event planner of sorts, who works with you (usually at no extra cost) during the process. I can recommend some people at some great places depending upon what you are looking for.

that would be fantastic and thanks for the prompt response. We've looked at a few hotels but were thinking of something more intimate like a nice restaurant that does weddings. We are planning do to this the day before Valentines day next year so I don't think booking something like this will be a problem (but could be wrong).

There is a place we've seen on line called Milion (www.milionargentina.com.ar ) , have you heard of it? It looks like the type of place we are interested in so anything similar to that or maybe a more boutique hotel.

Any suggestions you have would be very helpful. We are just starting out in our research so looking to be pointed in the right direction.

thanks again!

YanquiGallego said:
The concept of the wedding planner that we are used to in the States is not as common in BA.
This is because usually if you are having it in a major venue (such as one of the nicer hotels/restaurants) the venue usually has someone appointed, an event planner of sorts, who works with you (usually at no extra cost) during the process. I can recommend some people at some great places depending upon what you are looking for.

I was just at Millón yesterday for drinks with a friend, its a beautiful old Argentine manor, and lots of fun with 3 levels, the food is great and for what it is, is quite reasonable in price compared to similar fine dining in Puerto Madero for example. The 3rd floor I believe is where they hold private events on as its usually blocked off, but may be kind of small for a wedding of that size? Happening in Puerto Madero has an enormous private dining room in the back and does wedding dinners. I also love the Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau.

I think your best option is to personally just check out a few places, have dinner casually one night, check out the service, food, and ambience, maybe after dinner meet the general manager or the special events manager, and then check out where you have the best feeling about and could see yourself having the event. It´s an important day and event and I´m sure you want it to be reflective of that. I am sure there must be professional wedding planners in BA, but I honestly don´t think in this city it´s neccessary and I personally don´t know of anyone who has used one in BA. Also always try to negotiate prices as most of these places will give you a deal :)

Is true is pretty hard to find a Wedding Planner round here, i wonder why... since the entire process thou is fun it can be quite stressing as well. My argentina sister in law hired someone for her wedding last year. It was one of the best outdoor weddings i´ve ever been or maybe it was the experience of and argentine wedding :)
Send me a PM in case you´d like me to find out her contact details.

I just got married recently and did the planning, though I should say we had a small wedding and nothing too extravagant. I'm sure you could find a wedding planner, but the profession isn't as common here... people usually just hire the individual services themselves and the venue takes care of the reception. From my experience, the rehearsal dinner and the rehearsal itself is not done - it's something to keep in mind. I suppose you've already familiarized yourself with all the legal requirements. :)

I've actually found planning for a small wedding to be more challenging. :p Most of the places I liked were much too big (churches included.) But you should avoid that problem with a restaurant. :)

If you can read some Spanish I strongly recommend you to check things out in http://www.lluviadearroz.com/foro/

I was about to get married and it was incredibly useful and super fun to read. It also has some threads related to marrying a non-Argentinean, which I was particularly interested in. You'll be able to find recommended wedding planners as well.

Back