Weekend Getaway..with 2 Young Kids

prettejohn

Registered
Can anyone recommend a weekend getaway place a short distance from Buenos Aires where we could spend a relaxing but fun weekend away? We currently have no car and two young kids aged 2 and 4.

Thank you!

http://puestoviejoestancia.com.ar/

n.b. I have no commercial interest in the above but it is owned by a friend (English) and you will have fun!

Our kids are the same age. We went to San Antonio de Areco and to Carmelo without car and we had fun.

Many thanks. I shall look into transport options. I wonder what the cost of a remis would be San Antonio.

Tigre is a great option. Take the train or boat. About 40 minutes. There is an amusement park, shopping, eats, and once you get there you can take a boat ride far up into the delta. Options in the delta include overnight camping and such. Great for kids.

Take a Micro to 25 de Mayo for the Carnival. I went 2 weeks ago and is family friendly. Great little town to spend a day or 2. Let me know if you need details

I agree with GS_Dirtboy, Tigre is a great option: a lot of variety, not too far away. My advice is to arrive early and leave late, because it gets really crowded from noon till sunset. A taxi from BA might cost AR$ 150 -200. I used to live in Tigre, if you have any questions, I would be happy to help you.

I like all the ideas here. I have a friend with a boat so he may be able to drive us up to Tigre. Will look for a decent hotel up there.

In my opinion, the two best excursions from BA are Colonia and San Antonio de Areco. In both, the pace is very different from Baires.

Back