Weekly Budget As A Tourist

Ikaros

Registered
Hello everyone
How much should someone expect to spend per week as a tourist?Not covering housing but meals,transportation,going out etc not top end stuff but mid range.An estimation in US dollars or Euros.Appreciated

Breakfast - 30 pesos, Lunch - 50 pesos, Dinner - 100 pesos.
Transport - Subway - 3.50 a ride, Taxi starts at 10 pesos and than goes up 1 peso every 200 m (i think)
Movies - 45 pesos. A drink in a bar - 50 pesos.
I would say around 300 pesos per day depending on how much you like to party. Most of the tourist stuff here is actually free which is nice!
If you are going to change money using the blue rate that works out to be around 40 dollars per day.

If you dance tango, expect to spend more. It's $40 just to get into a milonga these days. Add $60 for the taxi at night and another $50 spent on drinks and it adds up to $150 pesos for a night.
Also, add in some money for supermarket or chemist buys. $24 for a deodorant, $7 for a coke. An extra $50-100 a day for odds and sods.
I would say $400 a day on average.

Will you be staying in a hotel or in an apartment? Having the option to eat at home (even if only breakfast) affects the budget quite a bit.

Figure US$400 aprox. per week based on US$55 per day at the Blue dollar rate.

Where are you staying, what are you planing on doing. Renting a car or taxis?

I spend $75 to $100 USD a day and live extremely well. In addition, I did not know when I asked the question and see it mentioned above - blue rate of exchange means the unofficial or black market rate for dollar exchange that some places pay at around 7 pesos for each dollar. Some people may be adverse to breaking the law. I am using the official rate and not the blue rate to provide my answer in case you are tempted to use dangerous exchange sources. I found a legal way to exchange my dollars that will not suit everyone via my property agent in Montevideo.

I spend $75 to $100 USD a day and live extremely well. In addition, I did not know when I asked the question and see it mentioned above - blue rate of exchange means the unofficial or black market rate for dollar exchange that some places pay at around 7 pesos for each dollar. Some people may be adverse to breaking the law. I am using the official rate and not the blue rate to provide my answer in case you are tempted to use dangerous exchange sources. I found a legal way to exchange my dollars that will not suit everyone via my property agent in Montevideo.

Babe, I ass-u-me your figures are without considering rent? If you go to Fervor Often?? :D

Yes, sorry, I meant spending money! Maybe I should read more carefully. I spend 5000 pesos a month on rent for a one bed in Barrio Norte.

Back