Well-known Argentine website seeking help! (internship)

MeghanLS

Registered
A very well known Argentine website is creating a new site in English and needs help getting the site ready to launch!

It is an information sharing site that allows users to pass along information on a wide variety of topics including: art, music, film, sports, computers, cars, science, education, cooking, news, tourism, and MUCH more! The users create the content and every user has access. We need help getting the site ready to go with content already in place so that new users will see how the site works.

If you are interested in the Internet, computers, programming, web design, or anything computer/Internet related, this is the perfect internship for you!

Benefits:
  • Gain experience in a successful Argentine Internet company.
  • A great internship and work reference to put on your resume.
  • Work in an Argentine company and get a chance to practice your Spanish everyday with native speakers.
  • Possibility of internship growing into a full time PAID position!

Responsibilities:
There are a number of things the team needs assistance with, especially in creating the content for the site. The great thing about this is that you can create content based on your interests and hobbies since we aim to have a wide range of different content on the site. As the website grows, we will also need the team to grow and the interns will be first up for consideration as we increase the staff.

We are asking the interns to commit to 20 hours of work per week minimum. Please send your resume or CV along with a cover letter describing why you would be a good candidate for the position.

[email protected]

Thanks!

ps the english version of the site is not yet up, so "socialphy.com" doesn't show anything just yet!

ps the english version of the site is not yet up, so "socialphy.com" doesn't show anything just yet!

FYI - In Argentina people get PAID MONEY for working including interns. Unless you are a non-profit organization, and are looking for volunteers, I suggest you learn the labor laws and find out what is required when you contract an intern. If you have a new business don't expect people to help you for free in exchange for "a chance to practice your Spanish everyday with native speakers". If you have somebody work for your and you don't pay them, or they have an accident you will have a great big lawsuit to deal with!

MeghanLS said:
A very well known Argentine website is creating a new site in English and needs help getting the site ready to launch!.

WOW! That sounds really exciting!!!

MeghanLS said:
A great internship and work reference to put on your resume.

Who wouldn't want that?!!

MeghanLS said:
Work in an Argentine company and get a chance to practice your Spanish everyday with native speakers.

Como se dice "use me" in castellano?!! (Notice the use of the work "in" as opposed to "for.")

MeghanLS said:
Possibility of internship growing into a full time PAID position!

Whaaat? No pay? Oh, yeah, the key word here is intern. Isn't the word intern the "root" of the word internal? (Aussies will get this one.)

MeghanLS said:
We are asking the interns to commit to 20 hours of work per week minimum. Please send your resume or CV along with a cover letter describing why you would be a good candidate for the position.

If you can't grab your ankles you aren't a good candidate for the position.

What is this post doing in the jobs forum?!!

No pay = no job.

Wow, easy does it there Steve!!! We are definitely not trying to rip anyone off. That's why the ad is clear about what we are asking in the position. I have done unpaid internships in the past for work experience and I don't think they are that uncommon.

Thank you, David for the information and I will forward it to my boss so he is aware of the law.

This company is looking to open the staff up to non-Argentine workers for the first time and so they are learning as they go along. Thanks for the feedback and help

MeghanLS said:
Wow, easy does it there Steve!!! We are definitely not trying to rip anyone off. That's why the ad is clear about what we are asking in the position. I have done unpaid internships in the past for work experience and I don't think they are that uncommon.

Thank you, David for the information and I will forward it to my boss so he is aware of the law.

This company is looking to open the staff up to non-Argentine workers for the first time and so they are learning as they go along. Thanks for the feedback and help

Labor and protection of it in all of it's forms is a very deep seated and important issue for this country. It's in EVERYONE'S best interest that it is respected 100%

MeghanLS said:
Wow, easy does it there Steve!!!

Since it sounds like you are talking to a horse, perhaps I should let you know that when I get on a horse (including my own high one) I don't get off until I'm finished with the ride.

MeghanLS said:
We are definitely not trying to rip anyone off.

Perhaps not, but you are not offering a job and not knowing the law about paying employees (including interns) can get the operators of your "very well known website" in big trouble with AFIP and also lead to civil lawsuits. To many foreigners, this country is thought of in these terms: Oh Argentina. The art of the rip-off

MeghanLS said:
This company is looking to open the staff up to non-Argentine workers for the first time and so they are learning as they go along.

One great thing about Argentina is that foreigners (even those working without pay or being paid "en negro") have the same rights as Argentine workers.

Learning as you go in business here can have terrible consequences, even when you comply with the laws. David knows a great deal about that subject: Buenos Aires - not for the faint hearted

I personally know an Argentine couple in their late 50's who paid all of their employees en blanco for over 20 years, yet one sued and received an $80,000 peso judgment. It hasn't ruined their lives completely, but it sent them into early retirement.

Back