Western Union Bank transfer to Arg BF to buy car

cholita

Registered
Hi all, I've been living in Jujuy with my jujeño boyfriend on a now prolonged tourist visa since before quarantine and finally want to buy a used car (in his name so we can take it out of the country).

I'm going to transfer around $9000 USD via Western Union to his bank account but my main questions are:

- Is there any advantage to sending multiple smaller transfers rather than one large one? (To avoid raising red flags, taxes etc)

- Does anyone have any strong predictions about the WU rate changing in the coming weeks? I was about to send today since Blue is falling and then the WU rate increased making think twice. Then I noticed jblaze5779 referencing CCL rate in the WU thread and have never paid attention to that, thinking the Blue was all that mattered. Any advice?

- Lastly, and currently car insurance recs? I saw others have recommended ACA but seems like Caja and Mafre come highly recommended here in Jujuy.

Saludos!!

How about trying to buy a car with monthly payments. Buy with a minimum down payment and the longest term loan you can get. My guess is that over time the WU rate will go up at a rate equal to or better than inflation. A year ago the WU rate was around 75 pesos to the dollar.

Make payments if you can, do t know if you can buy a car without interest? The rate will only go up and you future payments will always be cheaper.

BTW the wu rate follows the ccl not the blue.

Most used car sales are CASH unless its a dealership selling that will finance the sale? A sucker is born every day that will sell with no interest payments in pesos with an inflation over 50 % in the next 12 months

La Caja great insurance..!

If its the first time transferring to that bank account then you should keep it below $1K. After that you can make larger transfers, but I would still split into 2-3 if you can. They use an algorithm to highlight potentially risky transfers. I dont have it 100% figured out, but the above guidance has helped keep things smooth so far.

Thank you all for your help!

With regards to the cuotas, I have thought about some kind of financing and even thought about the plan nacional de ahorros para 0km but after investigating further I keep getting deterred by the complexity of it all, and the fact that it seems that cuotas are subject to inflation. Of course I'd like to save money, but in the end I also want to avoid the stress of all the fine print, unless someone has a specific experience they can share that worked in practice.

@cafeamericano thank you so much for that advice, that's exactly what I was hoping to find out!

Back