Moneygram transfer

Register a new WU account under a different country that has no western union fees for the type of transaction you want. You'll only lose a little converting out of dollars but using a no foreign transaction credit card it is minimal on the middle currency conversion like 0.48%.

I would get like 281.69 with no fees vs 284.25 with fees.

Moneygram $285.50 and free bank to bank so haven't finalized a foreign WU transaction but ran through all the steps up until the final confirmation. So it should work.
I went ahead and tried a cash pickup MoneyGram transaction. There is a $5 cost for cash pickup using debit card (would have been $2 debit to bank, so nbd especially when I can conserve paper dollars).

Cheaper than WU for me when there’s no Wu code, and I don’t have to sell paper dollars.

Now — let’s see if the locations have cash! 😂 🤷‍♂️

wow.. they ( MGram) just threw this BS error at me
`We are no longer able to accept corporate issued credit or debit cards. Please use a new card.`

so then i opted for their `online banking` method, where they use 3rd party layer allow you to select your bank and enter your user/pswd.
it worked until the last step where you submit the transfer..and then i got more BS:

1660947877372.png

im thinking it is because im doing this from a HIGH FRAUD Country like Argentina. I will try this again from the US when i go there next week.

wow.. they ( MGram) just threw this BS error at me
`We are no longer able to accept corporate issued credit or debit cards. Please use a new card.`
I am having kind of the same issue since 11 AM today. I received the attached error; I just tried again but they said there is no account associated to my email.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220819-192954_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-192954_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 8
so then i opted for their `online banking` method, where they use 3rd party layer allow you to select your bank and enter your user/pswd.
it worked until the last step where you submit the transfer..and then i got more BS:

View attachment 8355

im thinking it is because im doing this from a HIGH FRAUD Country like Argentina. I will try this again from the US when i go there next week.
i finally got around to creating an account today and had no problem initiating my first transfer. i did it connected to VPN on a USA server though.

Hey moderator. I think it'd be best if we merged back the WesterUnion and MoneyGram back into a single thread and just change the title. Just a suggestion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back