western union transfer to unsupported bank (wilobank)

I have another question. For those who opened accounts with Itau, do you all have jobs here in Argentina or no? I don't. I am paid in the US. I went in to a branch the other day and they were telling me that I needed to show a receipt of funds received and something that shows I will be staying in the country. Did you all have to do this?
Have you tried opening it online using your phone? Providing you have a DNI there should be no further questions... talking to a human is almost guaranteed to make it more complicated than it needs to be as people love making up their own rules of how they think it "should" be.

In case something has changed, for me yes, I have a "job" here etc so have no problem providing those kinds of docs for banking products that require them.However I do know you can ask an accountant to prepare a proof of income certificate using the receipts you have from WU remittances even if paid out in cash. They will say the source of income if whatever you do in the US and/ or your savings and may want to see your US tax return. This statement has nothing to do with tax liabilities.

Have you tried opening it online using your phone? Providing you have a DNI there should be no further questions... talking to a human is almost guaranteed to make it more complicated than it needs to be as people love making up their own rules of how they think it "should" be.

In case something has changed, for me yes, I have a "job" here etc so have no problem providing those kinds of docs for banking products that require them.However I do know you can ask an accountant to prepare a proof of income certificate using the receipts you have from WU remittances even if paid out in cash. They will say the source of income if whatever you do in the US and/ or your savings and may want to see your US tax return. This statement has nothing to do with tax liabilities.
The only reason I went into the bank branch was because they denied it when I tried to open the account online. They didn't say why. I do have a DNI...and yes, I agree. Involving a human in these cases does complicate things.

Ok I might give the accountant/proof of income route. Again, really appreciate your advice! Saludos!

Back