Western Union vs Remitly

Caribbean Cool

Registered
Western Union vs Remitly

I just did a calculation, (watch out), and if you send money to yourself using Remitly, cash pick up, using your bank account for payment (could be 4-day delivery) compared to using WU, debit card, or bank account for payment ..sending $1000, what no one seems to realize in any of the Gringo groups....you net a few MORE dollars with Remitly. (as of 2:35 PM Dec 4) (I think doing it for immediate delivery via debit card is also better)

How is the pick up? Part of the appeal of WU is they own pago fácil so they are completely integrated into everyday life and there's a franchise every 2 blocks

Can this new one deposit directly into my bank account. It worth more than a few dollars for me to have to deal with people.

How is the pickup? Part of the appeal of WU is they own pago fácil so they are completely integrated into everyday life and there's a franchise every 2 blocks
Generally speaking, I would say that the Remitly pickup locations are not as convenient as WU. Maybe you have to detest a company like WU, in my case, for the way they have treated me. WU blocked a $50 test transfer to myself...and then to a friend. One time I used the wrong card, unknown to me, and WU did not tell me the reason that the transfer bounced....via a 40-minute phone conversation. On a call you cannot contact the department that actually black balls the transaction.

my information serves people who have problems with WU...I am pretty sure they offer transfers to bank accounts but I don't use that service. NOTE: I was able to call the pickup location to confirm the quantity of dollars available.

Last edited:
Back