What about the rates of a nanny/housekeeper? Or is it just me?

Nelevp

Registered

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering what is the normal standard rate of a nanny/housekeeper?
The last thing I hear is about 40-60 pesos per hour!
Honestly it seems very much to me. Everyone things because you're a foreigner that you have a salary in USD or EURO, witch in my case it's just not.
Although I am a foreigner, I have a peso-salary; ok, I can not complain, but still. If I have to pay a nanny-housekeeper at a rate of 40-60 pesos per hour to watch my kid for even half a day while I am working; financially it's just better for me to quit my job and stay home...

=> How do you all do it? Or is it just me?

Thanks!

I am just wondering what is the normal standard rate of a nanny/housekeeper?
The last thing I hear is about 40-60 pesos per hour!

I never heard of this. more like 25-30 pesos/hr plus transportation plus lunch.

Are you looking for someone to work every day? Once a week? If it's only once a week, then yes, the rates will be higher. 25-30 pesos an hour. Every day - much, much lower. 40-60 pesos an hour:eek: ni en pedo.

If you have someone help you for 4 hours a day, in white, the monthly minimum is 1035.84 and any extras paid at 15.79.

This site has all the info: http://www.finanzasblog.com.ar/servicio-domestico-escala-salarial/

I agree. Its definately NOT 40-60 pesos an hour. Why dont you put an ad up and ask people to include their expected salary range. Also if you are looking I would definately suggest asking people on this board for recommendations.

The thing is that it is for a whole week (Monday till Friday), for at least a year.
=> So I am even offering a permanent position.
=> And it is for 5 hours per day, that's all.

But (And I really don't mean it in an offence way!), most of the foreign girls who are here to study or… and love to do this job (to make some extra money – which I totally understand), ask me like 40-60 pesos per hour.
While the Argentine girls/woman don’t always have a problem with that.
=> I honestly don’t see the difference. I’m just looking for a trustworthy / good person.

I pay $18 per hour for 3 times a week, 3/4 hours each day. But the housekeeper works 3 or 4 other apartments in the same building, so she doesn't have to travel just to come and clean mine.

The link I put will give you an idea of what is required for an in white position for those hours required. 5 hours a day - 6 days a week?

You may want to ask if anyone is leaving and might have a recommendation for a mucama looking for a new position.

Actually for a NANNY the going rate is 25 - 40 pesos. It is ridiculous. If you want a foreign girl who speaks english or another language then you will be paying around 30-40 pesos, sometimes you can find 25 if you're lucky. This type of nanny will only do light cleaning, will make lunches for self and kids though (and you if you're at home)

If you want a local mucama who will babysit and clean and you don't care about another language you can find cheaper rates.

When ours was younger (3-6 mos) we had a nanny, but for full time hours it would have worked out to over 4000 pesos a month. We now send ours to daycare for 1500 pesos for 30 hours a week, but unfortunately we are currently in that stage where he is picking up every virus imaginable so he's ended up at home with me a good portion of the time -- ie this week he'll miss probably the entire week thanks to an ear infection / conjunctivitis. And with the ridiculous amount of holidays we had in the first half of the year there was rarely a week where he was there 5 days anyway.

So now I have a cheaper rate but I'm still not earning money or able to work much since I've got a sick baby! with luck this will be the last of it and he'll be back to daycare next week!

Oh and if you hire a nanny via an agency, yes you will find yourself paying 60 pesos

In Buenos Aires, a lot of the full time household positions are either ¨con cama¨ o ¨sin cama¨, you will often see these terms in ads, and that makes a significant difference in pay.

If you are offering your full time housekeeper room and board, her salary will be considerably less because of the amount she is saving in her room and board by living in your place.

I pay my housekeeper 20 pesos an hour plus her round-trip transport from where she lives, and I think this is fairly standard. She does a pretty complete job and more than a standard cleaning lady: laundry, dishes, windows, cleans the terrace, etc.

Back