What Are Nice Gifts To Bring Porteño Friends?

HelaineT

Registered
I'm coming from the US soon and want to bring some small, thoughtful gifts that my Porteña friends (all women on this short list) will really enjoy. Suggestions? (I said "Porteño" in the topic title because I think it would be nice to have ideas for everyone in the thread.)

Thanks in advance!

When I came from the states, I asked my coworker if she wanted anything from the US, and she immediately requested peanut butter m&ms haha :) So apparently girls and peanut butter go hand in hand all over the world.

I would suggest perfume. There are many wonderful new fragrances out there , and plenty of old favorites. I always have a few bottles around , for those just in case , or last minute "I forgot" gifts.

Another option are scented candles , or decorative hand crafted soaps. Body lotions are also a big hit.

This is fun. Thanks so far, everyone.

I saw a post on an old thread about bringing quality chocolate, and I just discovered how good and smooth is Black and Green organic with 85% cacao. Is really good chocolate truly rare? I remember seeing "Milka" everywhere. . . bleh.

Haha, TomAtAlki . . . okay there is one 40-yr. old in the group, but the others haven't thought about tampons for a years (though they are still 'hot'). :)

Those are for the daughters of the friends, nice soaps & creams for your friends.
Or... something nice for the kitchen, a good knife?
Nancy

Have a standing order from all the wives of my AR cronies: Costco (Kirkland) Macadamia Clusters: chocolate. Made a mistake one year and gave as Christmas gift for the ladies. They never recovered.

Back