What book are you currently reading?

Napoleon

Registered
Sometimes it's interesting to know what people are reading. I happen to be currently reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. It's basic, it follows his formula, I find myself rolling my eyes at times because I wonder who he's writing certain sentences for, but whatever.

But just today, I saw a little tyke reading a much skinnier book than the one I'm reading, but I think that it will still take him/her much longer to get through it.

28724_447708802537_567077537_5927107_77971_n.jpg

But it's nice to see the next generation hasn't completely given up on books.

So what are you reading these days?

Finished with my 'Trouble with Physics' (reading it twice) which was awesome and currently reading 'What to Expect the First Year'.

'New Moon' in Spanish. SIGH...

Hopefully I'll get started on something of higher quality soon.

Eat, Pray, Love because I want to see if before the movie comes out as most certainly the book will be better. And LA Noir, a look at mid-century Los Angeles' underbelly.

The last book that I finished with Elizabeth Gilbert`s "Eat, Pray, Love" (which I thoroughly enjoyed!), and now I am reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin, a non-fiction work which some people say is like a cross between "Eat, Pray, Love" and "The Art of Happiness" by the Dalai Lama.

It`s about a woman (Gretchen) who wanted to try out a project within a year`s time to see if she could make herself happier by doing small but important things though attitude and her own daily actions (staying organized, eating well, being assertive but fair, etc.). I´ve been making mental notes and drawing parallels along the ways of how I can put some of this stuff into practice for myself (you`re never too old to learn how to make improvements in your life).

So far, so good, I recommend it (we could all use a happiness project!).

Just finished "Invisible" by Paul Auster, an interesting book, although I was disappointed with the way it came to an end, leaving too many loose ends untied.

Now going through an old copy of David Baldacci's, The Simple Truth, which I hope to finish before I get on a plane tomorrow, as I have a dozen books to carry already - Alwasy need fresh reading material.

I am reading THE POTATO FACTORY by Bryce Courtenay, and like it so far - 1/2 way.

I too have just read eat, love, pray...I enjoyed it but I think it got too much hype! Just finished The Book Thief, which I would recommend, although with a box of tissues nearby and I have just started to read Sweetness in the Belly..I shall let you know how it goes! Also I am interested in a book swap if anyone else is. I shall have to look what I have on my shelf!

: )

"Allá lejos y hace tiempo" de Guillermo Hudson (aka "Far away and long ago" by William Hudson).

Back