what comes first? the job or the visa?

kb614

Registered
I'll be graduating from college in May and would like to be moved to Buenos Aires by the end of August. As an american, I'm interested in working for a US company that has a location in BsAs. While I've found openings, many of them say that permission to work in Argentina is required. Do they mean just to apply or just so that I would be working "en blanco"? If it's to apply, isn't that backwards? I'm under the impression from reading other posts that a job offer is required to take out the temporary residency that would allow me to work.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not sure which step to take next.

Yes, the job comes first.

There are quite a few threads on the subject.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that your future employer must be registered with migraciones to hire foreigners or you can't legally work for them.

You will have a much better shot at a good job if you get it in the US and then come as an employee of the company. Expats have a very difficult time finding jobs beyond teaching English after getting here.

Make sure to do your homework. Life as a young professional is typically tough, wages are low and BA is expensive.

Is there a way to look up with or not a company is registered? Like on the migraciones website?

kb614 said:
Is there a way to look up with or not a company is registered? Like on the migraciones website?

How good is your castellano?

Is it like better than your English?

That might help you find a job (whether or not a company is registered).

The positions that you are looking at may be targeted for those persons that already have an Arg work visa. Not every company will sponser a new recruit.

Just keep at it and call the HR departments directly to see if the company will sponser new hires for a work visa.

Good luck.

Back