What do you spend a month in Argentina?

I spend a month around 2700 pesos for myself which I consider a lot and compared to 2004 has gone up nearly double .
I have noticed a big increase in entertainment expenses in the last year.

This is a really interesting question. People who answer: please state if you own property or if you rent. If you own include all expenses related to your property: utilities, maintenance fee, taxes etc divided by 12. If you rent, include your rental costs. Pericles says that his col has gone up 100% in just three years. That's pretty alarming. I'd like to add a question: at what point would expats decide to leave, i.e. what's the maximum per month you'd be willing or able to spend?

"sergio" said:
This is a really interesting question. People who answer: please state if you own property or if you rent. If you own include all expenses related to your property: utilities, maintenance fee, taxes etc divided by 12. If you rent, include your rental costs.
Pericles says that his col has gone up 100% in just three years. That's pretty alarming. I'd like to add a question: at what point would expats decide to leave, i.e. what's the maximum per month you'd be willing or able to spend?
I think the moment has come already atleast for newcomers.
2 years ago you could easily spend 6 to 12 months on 1000-1200 dollar a month doing what you like on a sabatical, study or whatever. Now you need more like 1800 to 2000 dollars. Rents in the most popular barrios are like 800 dollar now. I would say you need to spend atleast spend 50(I spend around 100) pesos a day to be comfortable. With health-care, your ticket and stuff like that it easily makes it to 2000 dollar a month.
That is just not what people can afford to spend on a break.
Peric, you do the same stuff now?

To live the lifestyle that most expats come here for requires a much larger income than stated through those Washington post and New York Times articles.
I beleive that a expat couple require 5000 pesos a month to live a good lifestyle that means a occasional night out full health insurance and a weekly maid.
In 2002 I would say that this figure would have been 2500 quite easily

If cost go up with current rates in 2008 it will probally be somewhere around 6000 peso a month.
If you do some travelling(some of Cordoba, Rosario, Igazu, Salta, Bariloche, skiing, week at the beach, Montevideo, Colonia, Peninsula Valdez, Perito Moreno, Santiago, Mendoza) it probally adds up another 100 dollar a month.

Back