What does my address look like?

lostravenblue

Registered
I've been having trouble getting mail for like a year, and I just want to make sure my friends are addressing them properly. Can someone tell me or link me to how an address is supposed to look when sent from the US?

Sin Pulgas
Bolívar 1181
Piso 4, Depto "C"
CP1066 <--- Your Postal Code (Código Postal)
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires, Argentina

It doesn't have to look exactly like that, but should be very similar and contain all those elements.

I often get mail months late, and I'm sure many things have been lost, more than the ones that I'm aware of.

Sin Pulgas
Bolívar 1181
Piso 4, Depto "C"
CP1066 <--- Your Postal Code (Código Postal)
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires, Argentina

It doesn't have to look exactly like that, but should be very similar and contain all those elements.

I often get mail months late, and I'm sure many things have been lost, more than the ones that I'm aware of.
Thank you. I think I was mostly getting it right, though I forgot to have her add Argentina last time. Oops.

Is there any way to pay to speed this up?
If you want to pay a lot, and be much more certain of receiving something, you can have letters sent with tracking. When the bank sends my new bank cards, they send them as a two day FedEx trackable letter. I think the last time I paid 10 dollars, but I'm not 100% sure. Something close to that, anyway.

DO NOT send cash or other valuables that way. I once (a long time ago) sent 1000 dollars in cash to Buenos Aires in a FedEx letter mailer. It arrived empty.

If you want to pay a lot, and be much more certain of receiving something, you can have letters sent with tracking. When the bank sends my new bank cards, they send them as a two day FedEx trackable letter. I think the last time I paid 10 dollars, but I'm not 100% sure. Something close to that, anyway.

DO NOT send cash or other valuables that way. I once (a long time ago) sent 1000 dollars in cash to Buenos Aires in a FedEx letter mailer. It arrived empty.
I need to have a bank card sent to me. Does it actually arrive in two days?

Alternately, I was just talking to my mom about having it sent via DHL. I expect it would be more expensive, but would it work?

I need to have a bank card sent to me. Does it actually arrive in two days?

Alternately, I was just talking to my mom about having it sent via DHL. I expect it would be more expensive, but would it work?
I have not used DHL here in many years, but I never had a problem, and the comments that I've read here on expats have been favorable. Maybe some people will comment on recent experiences.

My bank cards always arrived in 2 or 3 days, except in a couple cases when they didn't send them as trackable packages. Both of those times they never arrived.

I use DHL once a month. Never a problem.
OK, she just tried to send it via DHL, and it just kept saying invalid postal code. She says he tried entering it different ways for about 30 minutes, and it just wouldn't work. Do you happen to know what DHL wants the postal code to look like?

My bank cards always arrived in 2 or 3 days, except in a couple cases when they didn't send them as trackable packages. Both of those times they never arrived.
Do you have to go to the post office to pick them up, or do they deliver right to your house? The only time I've ever tried to pick something up, she demanded to know if I'm here legally, and I'm not, so I was scared to ever try again.

Back