What does the Governor know that I don't ...

rivardco

Registered
( Firstly, I do not need to be sold on BA ) I am already renting a huge house in Cali, Colombia. I found Cali to be a nice city. But, it lacked the sophistication and culture for me to say, "This place kicks ass ... I am going to live for a couple years."

Yes, it was noisy - very. Many locals saw me as only a wallet. Come to think of it there most of the sidewalks were imperfect. There was certainly a degree of danger if you were not very careful. I do not remember a ton of puppy poop. But, hey, I was having a GREAT time. It could have been there and I would not have noticed. I was able to quickly meet people from every social strata. There are many reasons I would recommend it to others.

But the women of Colombia are probably its greatest treasure. There are a lot of pretty women. And, they are all pretty much "open" to men. For me, the women of Colombia are lovely, but they have a problem with 100% of the truth. They are also a little on the "earthy" side. And, regardless of education levels, there seems to be an "inferiority" complex versus people from other nationalities.

I have heard that the opposite is true of Argentinan women? And that is my question here...

Frankly, I like women who are a little bitchy.

I said "little bitchy".

That suggests an independence, a strength of mind. It is required ( at least preferred by me) to be fully engaging in conversation and even properly flirtatious.

The opposite of this; excessively willing to please, conform, and to not speak her opinion, is not the things of which a real relationship are made. Again, just my opinion.

And, what the flip is the comment "Hell for Rivardco, or the rest of us normal guys." supposed to mean?

rivardco said:
Frankly, I like women who are a little bitchy.

I have met several women that were intelligent, good conversationalist, pleasant companions and with independent opinions without be bitchy.

Maybe it depends on what your definition of bitchy is, mine is NOT women with independent opinions, it has more to do with people that are for example contrary or argumentative by nature and there are as many men as women that fit into that category.

Frankly, normal men do not like women (or men for that matter) that are a little or a lot bitchy, IMHO...

rivardco said:
I said "little bitchy".

That suggests an independence, a strength of mind. It is required ( at least preferred by me) to be fully engaging in conversation and even properly flirtatious.

Strength of mind you will find, and although bitchy is a subjective term, you are more likely to encounter hysteria. As a foreigner, it is unlikely that you will get past first base..until you have residency and make a clear commitment to live in Argentina...unless you are paying by the hour.

rivardco said:
The opposite of this; excessively willing to please, conform, and to not speak her opinion, is not the things of which a real relationship are made. Again, just my opinion.

These are not typical qualities of a foreign man-Argentine woman relationship...unless you are paying by the hour.

Joe - you must live in the normal barrio; wear normal cloths; eat normal food; and be with other other normal people ... I have found that life is painted in more than 8 or 16 colors.

And, so it seems, that as far as women are concerned; I must be an Argentinian, and only an Argentinian, or be very content kissing .... or pay by the hour.

rivardco said:
JAnd, so it seems, that as far as women are concerned; I must be an Argentinian, and only an Argentinian, or be very content kissing .... or pay by the hour.

You don't have to be Argentinian. Having el documento (the DNI) may open the gates of heaven (or hell, depending on your actual experience). Without residency, you may not even get the kisses (except on the cheek from both men and women).

without having residency ....

can you please explain this more. This seems to suggest many things, all of which are rather negative and closed minded with regard to how Argentinian residence view visitors, students, expats, etc...

( I am actually attracted to people with a sense of pride - even if weakly justified. It is better than the reverse)

rivardco said:
without having residency ....

can you please explain this more. This seems to suggest many things, all of which are rather negative and closed minded with regard to how Argentinian residence view visitors, students, expats, etc...

( I am actually attracted to people with a sense of pride - even if weakly justified. It is better than the reverse)

First of all, there is a big difference between residents and citizens of Argentina (foreigners and natives). I have residency but I am not a citizen. Even if I become a citizen in the future, I will always be a foreigner (yanki). Few expats (even with residency) ever get to meet the parents.

Argentine women (in general) are far less likely to "date" or develop a serious relationship with a foreigner (especially a Yanki) than women from other South American countries (Columbia is a great example).

Women (especially Argentinian women) who want a "serious relationship" do not look for a tourist to provide it. Until you have residency here you are just another tourist. Even with residency, you will always be a foreigner, and not necessarily welcome within the family circle.

Back