What ever happened to...

camel

Registered
I find it interesting how some news stories just seem to disappear never to be heard from again.

What happened to that American guy in Chile who opened fire on people and made a youtube video?

What happened to Carlos Ghosn? This could have been the coolest story of the year.

Whats cool about theiving millionaires being smuggled in musical instrument cases? And as far as I know, he is still in Beirut, as it crumbles into chaos and financial ruin. You think BA is bad- The government there pledged to back the Lebanese pound with dollars, and now there are no dollars, no pounds, no jobs, and everybody is selling anything they have to buy food.
Still, there is great hip hop coming out of Beirut lately, at least they have that.
But somehow I dont think Ghosn is enjoying himself much.

in the ask and ye shall receive department-
just this morning I read the US has arrested the father and son who helped Ghosn escape, presumably to extradite them back to Japan...
Fun Fun Fun.

I was working in Japan when Ghosn and his Renault merged with Nissan and for a couple of years he was like a superstar - this was mainly because there were very few cases of foreigners leading Japanese companies. I think part of the reason that Ghosn fell out of favor was that Nissan car quality went from excellent to crap during his tenure.

in the ask and ye shall receive department-
just this morning I read the US has arrested the father and son who helped Ghosn escape, presumably to extradite them back to Japan...
Fun Fun Fun.

To try to extradite them to Japan. Far from easy, especially as Japan has no iron-clad proofs to offer. Neither against the Taylors, nor Ghosn.

Back