What food do you miss the most?

What food do you miss the most?

• N.American: Mash Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Turkey Sandwiches, Green Bean Casseroles etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Big Salads: Caesar, Chicken, Mexican, Veggie etc

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Pizza & Beer: Deep dish & thin with various topping, spicy sauce & Beer

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Tai Food: Spicy Pat Tai, Tai soup, Paneng, lettuce wraps, green chicken curry.etc.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • N.Mexican: Burritos, Tostadas, Tacos, Nachos, Soup etc.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters

eschal

Registered
-North American Food: ex:Mash Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Turkey Sandwiches, Green Bean Casseroles etc.

-Real Big Salads: Caesar, Chicken, Mexican, Veggie etc.

-Pizza & Beer: Deep dish and thin with various topping, spicy sauce and Beer.

-Tai Food: Spicy Pat Tai, Tai soup, Paneng, lettuce wraps, green chicken curry.etc.

-Mexican: Burritos (I know not really Mexican), Tostadas, Tacos, Nachos, Soup etc.

-Other?

I miss Lowcountry food, most specifically Charleston, SC and New Orleans fare. Lowcountry boils, shrimp and grits, she-crab soup, crab cakes, oysters and mussels, poboys, crawfish etoufee. Basically, southern food with seafood invovled. yum!

Canadian Beer Maple Syrup.. Montreal deepdish pizza REAL Chinese food.... Must I go on...Oh and Great huge salad bars

I especially miss THai and Mexican and other ethnic foods like Indian the most. I also miss good bread and good beer.

To me the "North American" food category doesn't really capture what "north american" food is to me (green bean casseroles? sloppy joes? reminds me of those garish recipe food cards from the 70s but not really representative of how people eat). The good beer and good bread go into the N. American food category for me, as would a sourdough clam chowder bowl, TexMex, and lots of other kinds of food that I miss.

Can't anybody can make salads?! All the ingredients are here.

MizzMarr said:
I especially miss THai and Mexican and other ethnic foods like Indian the most. I also miss good bread and good beer.

To me the "North American" food category doesn't really capture what "north american" food is to me (green bean casseroles? sloppy joes? reminds me of those weird recipe food cards from the 70s but not really representative of how people eat). The good beer and good bread go into the N. American food category for me, as would a sourdough clam chowder bowl, TexMex, and lots of other kinds of food that I miss.

Can't anybody can make salads?! All the ingredients are here.
Ya sourdough MizzMarr YUM

I miss Mint Sauce, feijoas (NOT the Brazilian dish, the little green fruit!), hokey pokey icecream and toffee pops.
Seems everyone misses really tasty asian food. The best ever asian food Ive had here has been at 2 Korean weddings and one night in a real Korean restaurant (ie, where the Korean community go to eat out!) in Flores somewhere - and that was out of this world. Maybe we need to ask the local asian communities where THEY go?

I miss Mac and cheese #1. you guys in BA have it good though. Not 1 fast food place in Bariloche. Every restaurant here serves the same menu. Being a family of 5 I hate making every meal or baking from scratch. I miss all the varieties of breakast food too. ohh Quaker flavored oatmeals..mmmmm

I miss the pizza in the states. There is some good pizza here, but for me, most of the pizza here is not nearly as good as the pizza in the states.

Why would anyone miss good salads? BA has some of the best salad ingredients of anywhere in the world. At the cabillito market they're even cut up for you!

Good sushi, good fish in general and Asian are what we miss.

Back