What happened to John Cobin .... US citizen arrested in Chile

The Viña del Mar Oral Criminal Court sentenced the US citizen John Cobin for the crimes of attempted simple homicide, and unjustifiable shooting on the public highway. May get a 15 year jail sentence.

Cobin is also a naturalized Chilean Citizen. During those months of turmoil in Chile, it was a Nazi practice, by the mobs, to ask drivers to get out of their vehicles and perform a dance to let them through...! Cobin did the right thing . ..! bad luck he hit a guy on the leg..!

The Viña del Mar Oral Criminal Court sentenced the US citizen John Cobin for the crimes of attempted simple homicide, and unjustifiable shooting on the public highway. May get a 15 year jail sentence.

Cobin is also a naturalized Chilean Citizen. During those months of turmoil in Chile, it was a Nazi practice, by the mobs, to ask drivers to get out of their vehicles and perform a dance to let them through...! Cobin did the right thing . ..! bad luck he hit a guy on the leg..!

He went out of his way looking for trouble. Forcing out of his car and making him dance was idiotic but he should not have had a gun and he should not have used it. I can't feel sorry for him.

He went out of his way looking for trouble. Forcing out of his car and making him dance was idiotic but he should not have had a gun and he should not have used it. I can't feel sorry for him.

Guess we are all entitled to our own opinion... True

As I recall the report, he deliberately drove into the area where he knew there was trouble - and he did it armed.

As I recall the report, he deliberately drove into the area where he knew there was trouble - and he did it armed.

Maybe the report you read said Deliberately...? he was on his way home, the road was blocked . He had a valid gun permit . Portacion..! he was provoked he overreacted ? Shot in the air , the bullet ricocheted? and hit a bystander? maybe? . I don't have the answer ? You do?

I'd have to read the report again. As I recall, he went out of his way to see what was going on. Maybe I am wrong but that's what I recall. I don't see the justification for carrying a gun around. I assume the court heard the facts.

So the dude gets stopped by at least 4 and they demanded he danced?wtf and he had a legal carry permit? how is that a crime
When outnumbered the only equalizer is the gun, pure and simple

So the dude gets stopped by at least 4 and they demanded he danced?wtf and he had a legal carry permit? how is that a crime
When outnumbered the only equalizer is the gun, pure and simple

Maybe this dude saw a Chilean flag and thought he was in Texas where he could have used the "he needed killin'' defense.

Back