What, In Your Opinion, Is Argentina's Culture

kwalarking

Registered
Hey everyone,

So I have been asked to do a presentation on the culture of Argentina. I would be glad if you can drop a line or two on what you take this to mean. An example would be the laid back professional attitude in Argentina.

Gracias!

Lots to draw on. Football, graffitti, men kissing men (love that!) and unions, not to mention mate and tango....

Theatre also, also a good tradition of cinema. Plenty of culture, it is easy to snipe from the sidelines but it is much more interesting to get involved.

Borges described Argentinians like italians who speak Spanish, behave like Germans, but they think they are British.
Those 4 nations had a strong cultural influence and Argentina is a mix of them.

Borges described Argentinians like italians who speak Spanish, behave like Germans, but they think they are British.

There are quite many variants of what he supposedly said, never read about behaving like Germans though (I'd prefer to party or go on vacations with Argentinians, but I'd prefer a German as a business partner, lol).
Sometimes it includes "educated by English and wanting to behave like French".

Describing the local culture, mhhh.

I'd mention contrasts:
- Very creative but very traditional at the same time.
- A Country with a great Future still awaited for.
- People who would cut their own arm for their inner/first circle of friends/family but who would scam with little remorse others.
etc.

Back