What is more “third world” - Buenos Aires or San Francisco

Fiscal

Registered
Buenos Aires: good public schools in middle class neighborhoods within el centro that teach high schoolers algebra, no giant homeless encampments or open air drug markets, no violent mentally ill thugs fighting you in public transport

SF: has Whole Foods (except the one they just closed down to crime

SF is a hellhole in many areas. It smells like urine on many streets and looters just taking whatever they want off the shelves and often times setting up tables a few blocks where they stole it and reselling it because they aren't getting prosecuted. It's really shocking.

San Francisco is literal hell on earth. All of Buenos Aires bad points multiplied by 5 and none of its good points
Yep, God knows no great architecture or restaurants in SF, and no incredible scenic beauty. The weather sucks, because it's rarely too hot or too cold, and only 18% of the city's area is devoted to public green space.

On the up side, I never worry about wearing an Omega watch, using my iPhone, or carrying a messenger bag..

There are certainly nicer parts of San Francisco. I don't think anyone is disputing that. Some parts are really beautiful and clean. But in general since COVID, it's just gone way way downhill. I'm not comparing BA to SF. Just saying that I've dreaded my last couple trips to SF for work over the past year.

The homeless situation has gotten really bad in many cities in Southern California.

SF was the first city I visited outside of Arg. It was a long tine ago ( 20 yrs ) and I fell in live with it. I wonder what happened there? RE prices were very high back then too. I wandered into some sketchy areas, never felt unsafe. The worst was going into some McDonalds by a park, it was mainly homeless looking people in there ( very different to MCD restaurants here ).

SF was the first city I visited outside of Arg. It was a long tine ago ( 20 yrs ) and I fell in live with it. I wonder what happened there? RE prices were very high back then too. I wandered into some sketchy areas, never felt unsafe. The worst was going into some McDonalds by a park, it was mainly homeless looking people in there ( very different to MCD restaurants here ).
It’s still a very beautiful city in many parts of the city. What’s happened over the years (especially since COVID) is that the homeless situation has gotten so bad. They have had very liberal mayors and governmental officials that don’t prosecute criminals stealing in stores and cars. So there is rampant crime and homelessness in many parts of the city.

Just Google San Francisco looting and you will get a good idea what people are getting away with there.

Back