What is public info in Argentina?

milanesas

Registered
I am doing an employment background check for a job outside Argentina and they want to know my Argentine DNI. Besides being able to confirm that the number is related to your name, what information about a person can you get with a DNI number? For example can they see tax and employment history etc? I'm curious what info is public and doesn't need your authorization.

Interesting question, I put my DNI in a google search ("95xyzabc" "dni" argentina) and I found myself in a page called dateas.com. They don't seem to have too much info though, other than my CUIL and my surname (which isn't Pintor). The page offers to send a complete report by email, I passed that one up ;-)

There is a lot of information publicly accessible and searchable simply by knowing the DNI (and thus CUIL) of the person.

Firstly, one can do a free search on ANSES for information relating to certificación negativa.
It includes a summary of any employment status, if you have made tax returns or not, receive or received government credits or plans, eligible to purchase dollars or open a new USD bank account etc...

You can also find out property titles, vehicles owned, parking and traffic fines, family information (birth, marriage, death certificates) electoral registration details, obra social membership etc.

Pay a little more to an agency and you'll easily end up with phone numbers, addresses, court cases, employment details, credit history, details of tax returns etc.

Last edited:
Back