what is this cerviche basura?

TheBigDaddy

Registered
So after reading many cerviche love affairs on this site, i bought some, and it is un asco che

Disgusting.....cold.....weird......sickening...every bite you think "am i gonna get a disease from this?"

So please tell me. Am I just eating a weird batch from a bad restaurant? Or is cerviche actually just disgusting comida de muerte

TheBigDaddy said:
So after reading many cerviche love affairs on this site, i bought some, and it is un asco che

Disgusting.....cold.....weird......sickening...every bite you think "am i gonna get a disease from this?"

So please tell me. Am I just eating a weird batch from a bad restaurant? Or is cerviche actually just disgusting comida de muerte
i´m gonna say what people from peru say about it. the good ceviche you can only eat at a house prepared specially to you, because in a restaurant they rush the process (as it is not cooked with fire time is crucial) so you probably had a raw ceviche. sometimes people who is not from peru eat at a restaurant and think it´s allright but peruvians can tell.

Im not joking I honestly feel like im gonna die right now

I put half in the trash, but the half I already ate I can feel it sloshing in my stomach, eating away at my vital organs, killing me from within...

I find it delicious. Not everybody is gonna like everything. Stick to sushi bro.

TheBigDaddy said:
Im not joking I honestly feel like im gonna die right now

I put half in the trash, but the half I already ate I can feel it sloshing in my stomach, eating away at my vital organs, killing me from within...

The final test is when you completley lose control of you bowels.

I suggest yee sit thee on the throne now.

And wait for the final (explosive) expulsion.

It's possible to fck up ceviche. Very possible. Undercooked.... overcooked just as bad.

But I've had very little bad ceviche. In fact, I've now lost interest in sushi (especially here) since the rice just seems superfluous.

Main thing, as far as I'm concerned, is avoid any salmon ceviche (always disappointing, oily nature of fish just not suited to it) and make sure you get it from somewhere you like generally.

From hole in the wall authentic places to trendy fusion places - you can find a lot of good ceviche in Buenos Aires. You either had bad ceviche, or you just don't like it.

Zissou,
what are some of your fav ceviche places in the city? My boyfriend and I went to Lima Mia (it was my bday and we live super close to it and I was attracted to the decor...of course) only to be disappointed by the big prices and small quantities. do you have any other suggestions? we love food but don't know where to look....

I love ceviche/cebiche, but I also love carpaccio, steak Tartare and such.

I used to marinate the fish for 12 hours at first then I learned it needs to stay just 30/45 minutes in lemon. Add cilantro, a bit of aji molido, etc.

Tasty, at least for me.

The fish needs to be firm otherwise it falls apart.

As for the restaurants, one of them is Primavera Trujillana
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Primavera-Trujillana-2139
It has good critics but used to be much better 3 years ago (victim of its success maybe). The place is very noisy & decoration ugly.

Back