what to bring to watch US tv-Modem-etc

Traveldiva

Registered
Hi there

I am getting ready to arrive and I would love to know what is needed to watch tv online. I am aware I will need a modem, even though I assume the provider there might provide one. However, I know they charge for US tv online. I tried to use the program to hide my ip address there but it really messed up my computer. what should I bring from here??

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

M:D

Watch tv live or streaming will not work due to ip issues plus internet here is slow, not like what you are used to...
What I do is download all the shows from the US and watch them commercial free, can put them on a thumb drive and watch it on my tv..
I am using this free/donation torrent site and it's great. If you need an invite a friend of mine can send you one if you PM me your email address.
Well, I am going to download tonights shows and watch the ones from the weekend.

I use a sling box with a sling catcher. Requires a dedicated cable/satellite receiver in broadcasting country for independent service. Know people have set up a receiver in their family's existing cable service for about twenty dollars a month. Also requires an Internet connection of about 1meg upload. Guess it is over the top, but what is an old Gomer to do. Works great, the thing still amazes me.

I truly appreciate your kindness in taking the time to answer my post! There are some shows that I really want to watch and even though I was born there and I speak the language, I am not keen on the tv there. Thanks!!

You also need to take into account time difference, sometimes your fav shows aires in hours that you may not be home. so watching tv live is more of a hassle in my opinion.
Slingbox is a good option, never got it to work, but I must be the only one..I still have one of those machines here that I just never used. I prefer the downloading options, I can also download movies and usually I have them download as a dvd rip before they even hit the theatres here...

Back