What To Expect , Moving To Ba Alone For Internship

Alha54

Registered
Hey guys! I might move to Buenos Aires this summer for an internship! Im a 21 year old guy in college and im coming alone, how is the social life there ? How hard is it to make friends when you dont know anyone there ? How is the dating scene there? Thanks in advance!

You'll love it here. Do some good research on the forum and other places to make sure you bring enough money to cover your costs (or you won't love it here - don't know if you're getting paid, but even if so, I wouldn't think it would be much for an internship) and you'll probably have the wildest time of your life. Make sure you know about the difficulties of getting money here if you will need to (you don't want to depend on debit or credit card - you lose maybe 25-30% of your money here that way) and think about bringing as much with you as you can if you have a safe place to put it where you're staying. Apartments often have safes, maybe hostels as well.

You can find a party probably any night of the week, but particularly Thursday through Saturday. Parties don't usually start until after midnight or later and often go on until 7 AM, although pre-parties [previas] may start a little earlier, and often everyone ends up going dancing and/or drinking in a public spot - starting around 3AM maybe.

A decent-looking foreign guy from just about anywhere will probably have girls waiting in line.

That seems to me to be the social life of someone your age, here. I've got two girls a bit younger than you (the oldest in her second year of university) and one who will soon be of the age to want to party (I dread the moment) and that's pretty much how they see things.

Thanks for the tips! I am really excited about moving down here :)

Did you decide to go? I'm going down in June (alone) too.

I just got here and I'm staying through the end of August, feeling a bit lost right now...

We should make a forum for people who are here for the summer/students!

I just graduated from college and am moving to Buenos Aires in a few weeks to begin a job! I am also really curious about social life in BA, and would love to meet some new people while I am there!

Hey guys! I might move to Buenos Aires this summer for an internship! Im a 21 year old guy in college and im coming alone, how is the social life there ? How hard is it to make friends when you dont know anyone there ? How is the dating scene there? Thanks in advance!

Incredible girls down here. You will have no problem making friends and meeting women in in the bars. I don't know if you would call that dating though. :D I have met a good deal of friends through the park by my house (Las Heras) and the gym. If you are into any hobby, I would advise going to a class or meetup.

There are lots of women here; from all over the globe, not just Argentina. Hit me up when you arrive if you want to meet up.

hi! I am arriving on June 22. I'll stay for 4 months. I hardly know anyone. Would be nice to meet all of you. I think i'm the only Asian in this forum haha

Back