What Would Be The Final Straw?

mmoon

Registered
Just curious, since I've been on this forum for several years and have seen some of the ups and downs of living in BA/Argentina, as well as watched some of the long-time active forum contributors leave the country for other pastures...
If lack of maple syrup and an unpredictable economy won't cause you to pack up and go (assuming you are an expat and have another country where you could live and work legally), what would be the final nail in the coffin? Or, are you on board for the full haul, no matter what?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

Given that I have family and we own an apartment in Palermo, I'm not likely to give up on Argentina, but it sure tests me sometimes.

I'm about to move back with my wife and a newborn. We have lots of family and support there which we don't have in the US.

I think if something extremely violent was in the works (like a military government) or if they started confiscating everyone's property and imposing communism, then I would probably pack up and leave. That would be pretty much it for me.

Another invasion of the Falklands. Wouldn't want to risk being a brit here then.

Never going to happen. Only happened the first time because of the manipulations of the CIA. I can't see blaming Argentina for that one; Argentines were the victims of viciously cruel manipulation by outside forces.

Back