What would you do?

jeff1234

Registered
Recently we were walking on a beachfront promenade. It was crowded with many people enjoying the sunny day. We happened to be on our first visit to Tel Aviv but my question applies to tourists or expats visiting any major city.

My wife touched my arm to get my attention, then pointed at three young women who were walking ahead of us. They were laughing and chatting not paying any attention to their surroundings.

Then my wife said 'That man is stalking them'. I saw a man in his 20's darting from one hiding place to another. His eyes never left the 3 young women. His expression was intense.

My wife read my mind and said, 'Don't interfere, we don't know this city and don't know whats going on'.

I said, 'I'll never forgive myself if someone gets hurt and I could have stopped it."

There were no police anywhere to be seen.

So, as a stranger to the city, what would you do if this happened to you? .

i would have said something to them. i may not know the city but i'd feel better off knowing i was mistaken and have them laugh at me than the alternative if it was something truly dangerous.

Thats what I did. Then the man turned and stared at me and my wife. That made me rethink whether I did the right thing.

Back