What you can expect from Improv Classes (hopefully unlocked thread this time)

ActingBA

Registered
Hi there:

As I am new to this site, I have no idea why my last thread was locked but I am getting interest in Improv classes so I am here to post an update to which interested parties can hopefully respond.

Improv is a technique which challenges people to think quickly to entertain. It inspires confidence, humor and flexibility of thought. Although classes are two hours, they go by like 5 minutes because you are forcing your body and your brain to be in the 'now'. It is loads of fun and gets more challenging as time goes on because all the material is coming from you. Improv shows you that you don't need props or costumes to make theatre. Improv is fun!

I will be looking at Monday evenings 8-10pm for those who are interested. I hope I can get a good turn out because it would be great to have a good number which will allow eventually for teams....

Of course, I will still offer beginning Acting classes which is a more individual pursuit in certain aspects- essentially acting is loaded listening which is to say, you make a whole bunch of premeditated choices in order to be in the moment. Phew.

Come, bring a friend, ENJOY!!!

Thanks- I have had two responses so far. Let's get going! Who are all the funny people? Where are you?

I've known ActingBA and his wife for several years. He's a good man: trustworthy, brilliant, and creative. He has several skills key to success in his this endeavor: charisma, talent, and passion. I encourage anyone who's interested in the performance arts to get in touch with ActingBA and check out what he's offering.

Starting March 26th at Senior Duncan (Rividavia 3832). 9:30- 11:30pm. 50 pesos a class. Bring clothes you can move in! There is a bar!!!!!

YES! Class will still be held on Monday but PLEASE NOTE, location will change after the first class. There has been a massive mix up in the venue so classes there will not be possible after Monday. Anyway, hope to see some people. Thanks!

cannot make it Monday but will hopefully make a class another time! Mierde!

Raymond said:
cannot make it Monday but will hopefully make a class another time! Mierde!

No probs! I'll be posting the updated lush location post Monday.

Thanks!!!!

first class tomorrow at 9:30pm-11:30pm, Senior Duncan, Rividavia 3832.

A little bit about Improv and me:

Theatre Sports started in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) in the late 70s under the watchful eye of Keith Johnstone (a Brit). The first Theatre Sports team, Loose Moose Theatre is still going strong as is the second team, Rapid Fire based in Edmonton, the capital of Alberta, where I was born and lived til 16. When I was 12, my school offered workshops in Theatre Sports and I was hooked instantly.

I did end up doing my undergrad in Communications but my heart was in theatre. I have studied acting in Canada, France, Spain and completed the three year professional acting program at Drama Centre London in 2005. I have been living in Buenos Aires (when not on tour) since 2007.

I tell you this so you have some idea about how I work and where I'm coming from. Feel free to ply me with alcohol after class for any other answers you might need.

As for our classes, the best advice is to bring clothing you can move in, trainers/running shoes and your ears. The majority of what we'll be doing is Theatre Sports but of course there'll be an element of clowning but nothing too hippy.

Senior Duncan has a bar and is a great place to hang out. Lots of good nights including Swing dance classes with a live band after on a Thursday. The staff are friendly and relaxed.

Unfortunately, due to a major scheduling dilemma, as of April 2nd classes will take place at Moreno 3330. Please let anyone else know of these radical changes (about 4 block away or something). You will still find me hanging out at Senior Duncan but obviously not when I am teaching.

Please spread the word about these classes, the more the merrier!

AND if you hear/know of anyone looking for acting classes, I am thinking about starting a class on Wednesday evening/Saturday afternoons pending interest.

OH and I co-host a radio show in English on Mondays at 3pm. http://thetypicalmistake.com/
Try and check us out and if you are interested in being interviewed, please let me know as we are always looking for beautiful, charming and intelligent guests. And you!

Back