Whatever happened to the Obama sycophants?

steveinbsas

Registered
Prior to the '08 election there were several expats who could hardly wait for the savior to assume power, but we haven't heard much from them since.

I wonder what they think now...

All's quiet on the Obama luvin' front. I too would like to know what they think now but, then again, I've been enjoying the peace.

Yo , Steve... You ever hear the phrase, "If it's not broken don't fix it?"..... What do you want us to do? The guy is doing an A-1, kick-ass job so we "Get out of his way". He's brilliant, he's a thinker, he's a leader and after 8 years of a "brain dead" stolen Presidency we're just getting used to taking a deep breath again..... Awww, leadership is back and SO precious ("you never miss your water till the well runs dry")

BTW, what happened with Sarah Palin's - you can see Russia from Alaska - Daughter and her marriage? Put off? Opps... Another double digit I.Q. teen with a baby but no husband - another disaster in the works (in true Republican Fashion). Let's just pray a new Strip bar opens up in the girls town with a new, shinny brass Stripper pole and a complete collection of Motley Crue stripper club music.... what a great family, shooting frightened animals from helicopters with automatic weapons, BRAVO - Jesus says "Thumbs Up" and "You Go Girl" !!! PS. See them - Michele and President Obama - in London today? PURE CLASS !!! Love it, brains, looks, and style.... GOT IT ALL (just like the last guy and his wife had NONE, not even 1/2 of 1) Dudester

He's only been in power for 2 and a half months. If you are pro or anti Obama it still is too early to pass judgement. The silence is probably a time for settling in I suppose to this new political reality. ANyway the economic situation is the biggest distraction for virtually everyone these days.

Obama is doing what perceptive observers thought he would do. From Counterpunch:

[SIZE=-1]
The wagon train with its rotting cargo keeps lurching on. A change of drivers has not meant a change in direction. As Tom Englehardt points out, in both foreign policy and on the economic front, the Obama Administration is trying frantically to preserve an imperial system that is cracking under the weight of its own immoral excesses, its own arrogance and willful ignorance. But owing to the latter, their only solution is to do more of the same things that have plunged the system into severe crisis.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In fact, the domestic side of their efforts is even more radical, more shocking than Obama's dull-witted "continuity" in Terror War. The new administration is openly transferring trillions of dollars to a small core of financial elites, in effect placing the rest of the country into a state of economic peonage to these remote and unaccountable overlords -- who have, astonishingly, used the fear and suffering created by their own actions as an opportunity to take their domination of society to even greater heights. What Obama and his economic team are abetting is, as Simon Johnson and others have noted, nothing less than an oligarchic coup d'etat. I lived through one of those in Russia in the 1990s, and it was not a pretty sight. And again, because the scale of the American power structure is so much greater, so too will be the far-reaching, long-lasting consequences of this coup.

I never expected anything different from the mocha messiah. Gore Vidal says somewhere that the four sweetest words in English are, "I told you so." Amen to that. The moment the messiah won his election (another farce), the braying changed from "change" to "continuity." The messiah has back-pedalled on all his vague half-promises. The USA is a doomed state. Let us hope it doesn't take the rest of the world down with it.
[/SIZE]

bigbadwolf said:
Obama is doing what perceptive observers thought he would do. From Counterpunch:

[SIZE=-1]

I never expected anything different from the mocha messiah. Gore Vidal says somewhere that the four sweetest words in English are, "I told you so." Amen to that. The moment the messiah won his election (another farce), the braying changed from "change" to "continuity." The messiah has back-pedalled on all his vague half-promises. The USA is a doomed state. Let us hope it doesn't take the rest of the world down with it.
[/SIZE]

You really do have it in for the man and the country he represents. It has only been less than 3 months, or about 6% of his time in office if he serves the generally minimum 4 years. Furthermore the whole mantra of "change" was a lot to do with the way Washington was run and its culture. You cannot disagree that the recent economic situation is virtually unprecedented and frightening and taking up a lot of time and effort for everyone. I am not a big Obama lover but cut the man some slack and give him time to prove himself! And calling the US doomed state? Funny you mention that as many people have said the same thing about Argentina but that grand dame keeps picking herself up and going on. The US will do the same.

Conorworld said:
Furthermore the whole mantra of "change" was a lot to do with the way Washington was run and its culture.

You're right. It used to be that hiring undocumented workers and/or not paying your taxes disqualified you for public service, but that's all CHANGED.

One day "Obamamania" will be studied as a pathology, and will be in psychology texts. Until then, there's this:

For Americans Obama is the equivalent of redemption. Kindness is all over his face. He is a listener. Inclined to consensus, he respects other’s beliefs (”we can disagree without being disagreeable”), he is attached to differences, he appears considerate with the poor and the weak, “everybody is beautiful, everybody is nice.”
Bushophobia is widespread over the entire planet; it is now logically reversed into universal Obamania. Obama is the mirror-man of the Universe, “the microcosm- man” as it was called during the Renaissance, the one that represents the world in its diversity, who reconciles within his own person the races and the sexes: he is African, he is American, he is black, he is white, he is a man and yet he is very fashionable, very “mannequin”, almost feminine, he is smooth, he epitomizes “coolness’ itself, he can be sweet and at the same time is able to reveal himself as tough ...

Obama has indeed cleverly cultivated the image of the Savior and Redeemer of the world, he has promised to “heal” and he assured us “change”. His genius consisted in not to shy away from the “phony” (loufoqueri) and draw without shame or hesitation in the stock of ancient myths, of the oldest beliefs of humanity. And that works for him, even in our age, the age of science and impiety, even when we are supposed to believe that we no longer believe. At the same time, his campaign masterly utilized the latest fads and gadgets of technology. He knowingly played the part of the Messiah, while repeatedly modernizing the role with a Hollywood rhetoric: Obama talks like in a movie.

Obama is a criminal on par with Bush, or worse.

He continues to transfer hundreds of billions of dollars from the taxpayers to his banking friends, he *accelerated* the looting of US economy that started under Bush, he did NOT and is NOT going to end the war in Iraq, he is doubling the number of troops in Afghanistan, he is escalating the situation in Pakistan, torture is continuing under his reign, PATRIOT Act will NOT be repealed (he voted for it's extension anyway), he is increasing taxes, he is attacking the productive class, he is surrounded by obvious criminals, etc. etc...

How long are we supposed to "cut the man some slack"?

bigbadwolf said:
[SIZE=-1]I never expected anything different from the mocha messiah.[/SIZE]
This kind of derogetory reference to skin colour has no place on the baexpats site.

Back