What's a reasonable price to pay for a shared flat in Montserrat?

pompeygazza

Registered
Hi. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me as I haven't been here long and don't know too much about rents.

I'm living in a shared apartment in Montserrat and paying AR$1500, and the owner wants to increase the rent to AR$1800. This is all inclusive. Is that reasonable?

Thanks

Consider that the ABL has increased 100%, gas and electric subsidies are gone and prices have increased up to 100%, and water increases are coming. I'd say a 20% increase is reasonable.

The amount its quite reasonable, considering that the lodge is located in downtown district (Buenos Aires city). And if this is good looking place and with the all services, you can bet you'll be paying the correct amount.

Hi,

I'm also new to Buenos Aires and I'm looking to share with someone for around that price or even more economicable if possible. Would anyone have anything available? Please lte me know, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks
Amanda:)

Hello Amanda,
I'll be moving to BA in July. I'm a teacher of English here in Brazil and I'm already checking the rental prices. Just like you I hope to find something around that price, so please if you or anyone can help me with this, I'd appeciate. I'm looking for something near the city center, about 20 to 25 minutes by bus from the city center. Some place safe , of course.
Thanks a lot,
IraSan

pompeygazza said:
Hi. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me as I haven't been here long and don't know too much about rents.

I'm living in a shared apartment in Montserrat and paying AR$1500, and the owner wants to increase the rent to AR$1800. This is all inclusive. Is that reasonable?

Thanks

It all depends on how many people are sharing the apartment and how many per bedroom.

On first glance, that seems a little steep to me. 1800 for a shared flat in Montserrat?? I'd want to know what that includes (internet, cable, maid service etc), how big your flat is, how many people are sharing, etc.
I've been renting as a local for several years now so might be a little behind on acceptable temporary room rental prices, but I was sure that you could still get a studio/small 1 bedroom in Palermo for 700/800 US and a room in a similar area for 1500. I would've thought that a shared place in Montserrat would be significantly cheaper...
At the very least, I'd ask for a fixed price for the next 6 months or so.

LostinBA said:
It all depends on how many people are sharing the apartment and how many per bedroom.

There are two of us in the flat, and I have a room to myself. The other occupant only spends a night or two a week there so much of the time I have the place to myself.

I dont think its a good price.. I have a friend who shares at corrientes and urugary, 2 people in 3 bedroom place and is paying $1300 per month all inclusive - maid once a week for cleaning..

I have a studio at plaza guemes in palermo which is US$500 per month including everything..

Be careful when sharing with a local, as i have heard alot of stories about the local paying nothing but charging the foreigner the full price for everything - basically they get free living...

My landlord has just got the gas bill for the period of 1/2 to 3/4 - 18 pesos and a cablevision bill (internet/cable TV) 200 pesos.. However i expect the gas will go up now that the cold has set in - last sep/oct it was 150 for the month.. so i would expect it to be closer to 200 to 300 pesos for the next few months..

Mmm..mixed messages! The rent will be fixed until the end of the year, and as I said in a previous post, to all intents and purposes I have the place to myself as my flatmate only stays one night per week. I saw the bills for last month and they were over AR$1000 and this month are 568. All in all it doesn't seem to bad. Thanks for your help everybody :)

Back