What's better: to bring cash in euro's or dollars?

mariano-BCN

Registered
I live in Amsterdam, soon in BsArs and doubting what's wiser to do: to change first euro's into dollars or just bring euro's.
One thing is sure: it's better to bring cash, isn't it?
thanks

Dollars for sure. Much more widely accepted and much more beneficial. Not a blue market for Euros AFAIK or if it is, it's much, much smaller. And yes, definitely bring cash.

There is a small blue market for Euros but the rate isn't as good as you get for Dollars - it is also harder to find ...

As philip and Citygirl say, bring Dollars !!

thanks, I hope the commission to buy dollars with euro's is not that much.
I was also thinking about this: I've to be also a few days in Colombia and Ecuador before BsArs, I could also withdraw cash in Ecuador (dollar is the currency there) in stead of changing here.

I will change your euros to dollars. If interested PM me.

change euros in dollars, the euro rate here isn't that great, with the commission paid in Holland you are still better off then exchanging your euros here.

jago25_98 said:
What happened in June to spike the blue rate coincidently:
http://dolarblue.net/historico/
You had been able to buy dollars before in an amount relative to your taxed income, then they just turned that off and only let you buy it if you were leaving the country. I think, its hard to keep every shot from the hip, "decreto" straight.

Back