What's it like in Argentina these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argentine upper class has mostly fled to Miami, Mexico, etc & the few that remain live in "countrys". They looted all the good housing, took it off the market & left you guys with shitty commie block, high density, low budget flats that you call "high end buildings"... lmao...

It's difficult for Argies right now, they used to eat only the highest quality meats, cheeses, etc. Now they live like broke gringos, talking about taking the bus & kilos of bread while going on anti US rants... lmao, gentleman, you've confirmed my suspicions, thank you all & best of luck.
This is exxagerated crap. An obvious negative agenda.

How is Argentina these days? I'm seeing a lot of Argentine talk about shortages, Venezuela style rationing, etc? A normal day in Argentina or serious this time?

Is it still easy to get high quality meat? I'm reading Argentine meat consumption & production are at 100 year lows - does this mean places like Don Julio, La Hormiga, etc are having problems with the menu? Can I go to the mercado central still & get 5 kilos of Argentine Angus?

How is the covid situation? The US embassy says certain places require proof of vaccine for entry to certain businesses - is this still in effect? Is travel within the country via land & airplane the same as it was pre-covid? What covid restrictions are still in effect?

Are there any energy restrictions? I'm reading fuel is being rationed across the country, various restrictions (like foreigners can't buy gas) are in effect - will any of this affect tourists?

From my research, it appears much of Latin America, especially South America, is a completely different place than pre covid & I'm hoping for info proving otherwise for Argentina, any info you can provide would be appreciated, thank you.
1. no rationing. unless you are talking about the useless "care prices" program.

2. yes. i routinely order meat delivered to my house from don julio. no supply issues.

3. covid is done, save for those who hold on to wearing masks. they are still required on planes, but not much else, and nobody cares that much anymore.

4. no

5. inflation has continued, but otherwise life seems about the same to me.

Argentine upper class has mostly fled to Miami, Mexico, etc & the few that remain live in "countrys". They looted all the good housing, took it off the market & left you guys with shitty commie block, high density, low budget flats that you call "high end buildings"... lmao...

It's difficult for Argies right now, they used to eat only the highest quality meats, cheeses, etc. Now they live like broke gringos, talking about taking the bus & kilos of bread while going on anti US rants... lmao, gentleman, you've confirmed my suspicions, thank you all & best of luck.

Bro, you lost me as soon as you used the word "commie". Especially given you just created your account yesterday.

Just go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back