What's the best brand of Dulce de Leche, in your opinion?

MorganF

Registered
Any takers?

I don't have an opinion so I won't put forth any thoughts... which is why I'm asking this question! :)

morgan

Lapataia is quite good and sold at most grocery stores.

Chimbote, from Mar Del Plata. Most supermarkets don't have it, but lots of grocery stores all over BA do. You could google it. I haven't bought DDL in ages, but I remember Chimbote to be quite expensive. Worth the price, though.

Wow - 5 responses so far, and 5 different brands!!! Holy Moly!

This is much harder than the Alfajor question (90% prefer Havanna etc)... seems like it's a more distributed and egalitarian market ;)

MorganF said:
This is much harder than the Alfajor question (90% prefer Havanna etc)... seems like it's a more distributed and egalitarian market ;)
When it comes to alfajores, advise your 90% never to try homemade alfajores. They won't ever again be able to touch Havanna (or other factory-alfajores) without longing for a home made.

I was offered coffee and alfa... in a friend's house and tried to avoid those dry biscuits by saying I wasn't hungry. The wife told me that they were casero, so I was forced to eat at least one ... it's the polite thing to leave one, so I had to stop after number five.

MorganF said:
Wow - 5 responses so far, and 5 different brands!!! Holy Moly!

Alfajores >> Cachafaz ( actually made by Havanna´s original owner´s before they sold the company and alfajores went downhill )

Back