Whats The Best Neighborhood For 27 Year Old Female?

ilovelucy55

Registered
I am moving to Buenos aires in January and still doing a lot of research on neighborhoods.
Any advice as far as neighborhoods would be appreciated. Here is a little more about me. I am 27 year old female. Will be teaching English in BA. I'd like to be in an artsy/trendy/safe area. I'd like to be able to walk to the market, and have coffee at a cafe without having to run all up and down town. Access to public transport, still located in the city so i'm not too isolated. Not an arm and a leg on price.
I've heard that Recoleta is more reserved, older, but beautiful.
Ive heard that Palermo is large, And i've heard that San Telmo is a no for a single person.

Any help???

Palermo Botanico meets most of the requirements.

Supermarkets, good restaurants, coffee shops, retail of just about anything, good public transportation on Las Heras and Santa Fe, heart of the city...

Maybe pricier than some neighborhoods, but it's all a trade-off.

Villa Crespo (Northern) , Palermo Soho, Viejo or Hollywood. Thats trendy, well connected and relatively safe.

If you live elsewhere you're probably going to end up taking a lot of taxis to palermo.

depends how much drinking in trendy clubs figures into your program.
there are very few places where you would have to walk more than a block to get to a market, get coffee, or get your shoes repaired.
But if you NEED to be near bars where expats watch rugby and NFL games, while getting schnockered, then, yes, you need to be in Palermo Soho.

Villa Crespo and Collegiales are both becoming more and more chosen by 20 something argentines, and there are great places to eat, shop, and see bands in them. And they are much cheaper than Recoleta or Palermo Botanico.

Cross Cordoba, and everything goes down in price.

If you can afford it, Palermo. For location and safety and just being generally cleaner/nicer. I lived in between Libertador/Av Las Heras for 2 years and liked the area.

However, it is more expensive so you would need to weigh that up.

Have you been to Bs As before? If not I would recommend before settling somewhere medium/longer term to see when you get here and then lock something in later...

Also just FYI Jan and Feb is when argentines take their holidays so CF is MUCH quieter...(in comparison)...

Definitely Palermo Botanico.

This is the area I live in. We pay about $700 USD for a fully furnished one bedroom apartment and all utilities paid including internet and cable TV. It has a great balcony, rooftop pool, and workout room. There is a Starbucks near by, a few grocery stores each one only a block from my place, and a cafe pretty much on every corner.

I am a 28 year female and feel pretty safe here. You see a lot of people walking their pets or are out with their kids. It really is a great area. There are plenty of taxies all hours of the day, and if you don't feel like taking a taxi you walk about 7-10 min and you will hit a subway stop. There are plenty of parks near by, a Cinemark Movie theater that is walking distance, and also a great shopping center the Alto Palermo Mall.

I admit it is a little more on the pricy side, but this is a temporary apartment that you just keep extending the lease. Unless you have a garantia, this is pretty much the only type of apartment you can rent. There are cheaper areas, but I fell in love with this area and never want to move again haha.

Definitely Palermo Botanico.

This is the area I live in. We pay about $700 USD for a fully furnished one bedroom apartment and all utilities paid including internet and cable TV. It has a great balcony, rooftop pool, and workout room. There is a Starbucks near by, a few grocery stores each one only a block from my place, and a cafe pretty much on every corner.

I am a 28 year female and feel pretty safe here. You see a lot of people walking their pets or are out with their kids. It really is a great area. There are plenty of taxies all hours of the day, and if you don't feel like taking a taxi you walk about 7-10 min and you will hit a subway stop. There are plenty of parks near by, a Cinemark Movie theater that is walking distance, and also a great shopping center the Alto Palermo Mall.

I admit it is a little more on the pricy side, but this is a temporary apartment that you just keep extending the lease. Unless you have a garantia, this is pretty much the only type of apartment you can rent. There are cheaper areas, but I fell in love with this area and never want to move again haha.

Thanks! Yeah i have liked what I have seen about Palermo. I may try a temp rental their first to see how i like it. It seems to be a general consensus here, too.

Back