What's up with Coto

Denmar

Registered
Why do some stores (Coto) insist on providing a passport number if you don't have the DNI? My wife and I have been here for 3 months and have discovered not have your DNI can certainly snag you up.

Wait, you were paying cash, and they demanded ID?
I would never, ever go there again.

This happened to me yesterday. Can only buy up to 20k without providing DNI or passport. We were paying cash. Not sure what the policy is with credit card.

slightly offtopic maybe, but what's the whole purpose of giving your DNI when you buy something?

slightly offtopic maybe, but what's the whole purpose of giving your DNI when you buy something?
They want to make sure that amounts of money you spend are appropriate for your level of income.

I remember I was asked for an ID in Easy when I paid cash a few years ago. So, may be the requirement was always there, but the limits are tighter now.

They want to make sure that amounts of money you spend are appropriate for your level of income.

I remember I was asked for an ID in Easy when I paid cash a few years ago. So, may be the requirement was always there, but the limits are tighter now.
makes sense, but do the systems in this country have the capability to add it all up?

This happened to me yesterday. Can only buy up to 20k without providing DNI or passport. We were paying cash. Not sure what the policy is with credit card.
In our case its usually under $10,000, and mostly food items.

Back