What's your hobby? Show me yours and I'll show you mine...

joeteixido

Registered
Here be nerds... you have been warned! :D

With 2 girls I don't really have that much spare time BUT I am into a few things:

- Scale modeling (I'll probably take fire for this).... yes I assemble teeny tanks and airplanes. I even managed to place locally in the contests.

IMG_0460-z17-600x450.jpg

- Airplane Spotting. I'm actually corresponding for a couple of magazines so not sure this is 100% Hobby, but I do like it a lot.

joeteixido-albums-airplane-spotting-picture776-ia-62-pampa-ii.jpg

joeteixido-albums-airplane-spotting-picture777-new-livery-aerolineas-argentinas-737s.jpg

- I also read a lot about military history, airplanes, defense, that sort of thing.

So what are you guys into?

You're a brave man Joe......but I promise not to be the one to start taking the p**s!

;-)

I like to collect old comic books.

avengers-1.jpg

It started with my Dad, he has this amazing and huge collection of Comics from the 60's and 70's that I have kind of taken over. Almost all Marvel though, no DC hah.

I collect different thumbtacks. Started when I was 12. Have most of them mounted. My favorite is one from the House of Hollenzollern in Prussia circa 1911.

Homemade Gingerbeer. Looking at moving into actual beer in the near future.

Knives. All kinds from all over the world. Custom , factory , tactical , rigging....... have several 100's...

Literature. reading as much as I can.

I spend a disproportionate amount of my time studying very old maps; and, when I'm not doing that, I'm trying to figure out who wrote the plays and poetry that is usually attributed to a man named "William Shakespeare" (hint: I don't think it was the man named "William Shakespeare.")

If any of you ever get an invitation to my apartment to get drunk here, you'll see old maps lining the walls ;)

morgan

MorganF said:
I spend a disproportionate amount of my time studying very old maps; and, when I'm not doing that, I'm trying to figure out who wrote the plays and poetry that is usually attributed to a man named "William Shakespeare" (hint: I don't think it was the man named "William Shakespeare.")

If any of you ever get an invitation to my apartment to get drunk here, you'll see old maps lining the walls ;)

morgan

Morgan! YOU RASCAL... we met before in PV and one of the old Barcamps. Nice to see you are still around... and yet absolutely not surprised about your hobby lol

Back