When will life return to normal?

EL_TIGRE_de_Tigre

Registered
And, how much is it going to be changed from the way it was?

I have been reading the board and I have been deep in thought lately. Wondering when, if ever, life will get back to normal and will there be any major changes to it.

I conclude that life will get back to "NORMAL" at some future point in time, but there will be changes. Changes in, healthcare, new travel procedures, people's priorities and habits, supply chains to name a few.

I would be interested to know your thoughts on this topic. There isn't a whole lot to do right now except to stay in one spot, be somewhat isolated and hope and pray.

Thanks, I am looking forward to reading what you have to share.

This is like someone in Warsaw, Poland on September 1 1939 asking when will life go back to normal.

Nobody has any idea.
And once that does happen, the new 'normal' might be completely different from what we call normal today.

We are starting to realize that there is no plan for life returning to normal. On April 1 (or most likely some later date) we'll leave our houses. The virus will still be there. There will not be more hospital beds. Unless there is a miracle there won't be a cure or better treatment. Shops and services will have been very disrupted. Pensador will be partying in his bunker.

We are starting to realize that there is no plan for life returning to normal. On April 1 (or most likely some later date) we'll leave our houses. The virus will still be there. There will not be more hospital beds. Unless there is a miracle there won't be a cure or better treatment. Shops and services will have been very disrupted. Pensador will be partying in his bunker.

LOL moving into the bunker today. Time to leave the not so secure summer abode for a fortified small bunker right across from the beach. God has been very good to me and my wife we are well prepared all businesses but one are digital and should survive this no problem and no need for me to go anywhere but walks on the beach.

I think you might be right about April 1 unless they crack down on this quarantine over there and really do that right.

Life back to normal is going to depend entirely on how humanity handles this and remember, the now is just the beginning of this. Given the current track record of humanity in this situation I am not setting the bar very high.

LOL moving into the bunker today. Time to leave the not so secure summer abode for a fortified small bunker right across from the beach. God has been very good to me and my wife we are well prepared all businesses but one are digital and should survive this no problem and no need for me to go anywhere but walks on the beach.

I think you might be right about April 1 unless they crack down on this quarantine over there and really do that right.

Life back to normal is going to depend entirely on how humanity handles this and remember, the now is just the beginning of this. Given the current track record of humanity in this situation I am not setting the bar very high.

A cousin in Croatia told me today that their lockdown is ending so the government has added 40 more days. Perhaps thats the new normal.

I agree with the belief that underlies your 'prepper' philosophy, as a species we have grown to be too big and too destructive of our world. Nature is fighting back and thinning our herd.

Whatever happens will likely occur in fits and starts, with the loosening and re-tightening of various societal controls until this first big wave of infections begins to wane. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the lockdown continues in some form for several more weeks, or months, depending on varying degrees of observing it, i.e., regulated shop hours, enforcement of personal distance norms in stores and on the street, etc. We can only hope that some effective medical response emerges and that the scientific community will continue to wake up and apply its energies more fully to the eternal problem of continuous viral infections. The Black Plague taught a lot of survivors some basics of human sanitation, and we need to increase our understanding of how to protect and conduct ourselves and society at large. Unfortunately, outside the possibility of a silver bullet of some sort, there doesn't seem any immediate way out of the current Corona plague.

In my opinion, the mandatory lockdown will be extended in increments of 15 days until who knows when but could be thru our winter.

How will people survive? More will die from starvation and suicide than the virus if they extend this for a few months . all businesses will collapse except the very few that cater for food and medicines . Argentina is a informal economy and if people cannot make their living how can they continue

More than half the people work in Black here. Which means that the employer can stop paying them anytime. And since courts and escribanos, access to witnesses etc are closed .. they can't be sued either! Absolutely Horrifying.

Those who have savings, access to their cash physically...will sustain.

Lot of people will even employed in White, will be laid off unless government undertakes to print money ( out of thin air) and pay them which means more inflation and even more expensive.

How will people survive?....Argentina is a informal economy and if people cannot make their living how can they continue....
The ARG economy has been in shambles long before the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet the ingenuity and resiliency of so many locals never ceases
to amaze me. Currently ARG is on the ascending number of cases on the curve. With every increment of 15 days the gov't can loosen or tighten the mandatory restrictions based on the efficacy of the results at each stage.

I am ignoring the rest of your post....

Back