Where Can I Buy Brown Sauce From? Hp Or Similar As In Uk

BAPaul

Registered
Can one buy brown sauce here in Buenos Aires? as in HP or daddys sauce as we have in England.
I know there are some import type shops here but not sure where, as I have read about them in the past.
I want to take it to my girls house to and use it and show them.

I like the food here but a lot of things seem to be with salt and a lot of things are sweet...medialunas for breakfast with coffee....pizza at night..etc.

I do try to eat healthy here, and had a nice vegetable/fruit jugo yesterday in a cafe in Recoleta....but it does seem that people eat pizza everyday and sweet pastels and medialunas in the morning....when I move here I will try to eat more healthy and find the organic markets etc..so nay advice on where to go for that would be great also.

For now I am on vacation and will eat anything ha ha...soon I am off to buy myself a choripan as I love those and hope to try every place in the city before I die lol...how will one know which place has the bet chorizo otherwise?

Still learning myself and as it's all in Spanish I can get quite confused...I do know to look for sin and con gas agua for example...but sometimes I forget and last night bought a big bottle of agua con gas....ewwww....not for me thanks.

I do have some adventures here and I do laugh at some things this gringo gets up to and the mistakes I make...but we all learn from our mistakes hey.

Off I go now to walk the city and burn off some of these calories.

Carrefour has worcestershire sauce, but it can also be found in Chinatown at Casa China. You could make it but you'd have to find a substitute for molasses.

I've heard good things about several organic vegetable deliveries, but they are pricey. I've only received delivery once, but found it to be too many veggies at too high a price (plus a few little stowaway bugs). I now stick to my regular verduleria and drop in to a small shop at Plaza Guemes that has a few organic seasonal veggies every so often.

Besides Barrio Chino, Jumbo always seemed to have HP in the imported foods area.
@GMXam molasses can be found in dieteticas (the brand I found is called Melaza El Trebol, 500 gram jars with Yellow label with burgundy lettering). I've made some great BBQ sauce with it.

Besides Barrio Chino, Jumbo always seemed to have HP in the imported foods area.
@GMXam molasses can be found in dieteticas (the brand I found is called Melaza El Trebol, 500 gram jars with Yellow label with burgundy lettering). I've made some great BBQ sauce with it.
Thanks, gpop!

Thanks Guys I shall look into it. I have been to Barrio Chino once but did not have a great look around as was in a rush. Soon I shall explore there more.
And yet to go find a Jumbo but I will research where one is.

I have been into Carrefour..Disco..Dia and Coto, but not yet a Jumbo..one day I shall work at my favourite....but I don't know why all the names and ingredients can't be in English to make it more easier for me ha ha

Never once seen HP sauce in Jumbo nor anywhere else in Argentina.

Never once seen HP sauce in Jumbo nor anywhere else in Argentina.

they have it in most supermarkets in uruguay and chile, its not cheap though.

A1 is much more common but i've never tried it so i don't know how it compares.

Daddies sauce i've never seen anywhere in south america.

Back